Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how much do yall pay for your oil changes at the steelership? I am going in for my first oil change (5000mi) and they want 65$.... it used to be free with my Silverado except for the $1.00 recycling tax is this a reasonable price?

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
65 is a lot for a 5K mile service IMO. Typically it's around 40-50 for 5K service. The oil change itself shoul really be no more than 25-30. If you bring your own oil maybe like 15-20.

·
Registered
238 Posts
or better yet, if you are even slightly mechanically inclined, do it yourself and save a ton of coin and then you get to start learning about your ride from the inside out...

Once you get to the higher mileage checkups you will see why we all do it ourselves... My dealer wanted 450 bucks for the 60K checkup... yeah right!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ust got back from the dealership, and I have to say I am pleased. It came out to be 32.50 and they did it in 15 mins! i used to wait around for 3 hours for an oil change on my truck My markings for City VW in San Diego are :thumbup:

(I guess it helps that im friends with the mechanic ::chill with him at the socal euro meets::)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.