Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what the part name is. I need to buy a replacement, however, if I don't know the name or part number I'm not sure how I would buy it. Can anyone help me out? I just need to know what the correct part name is and possibly where to look for it. Thanks!!

·
Confused
3,557 Posts
I have one to sell if you're looking to buy one. I'm in the DC metro area.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228021

not sure which one you broke.. or which car its for but it is in there.

B5 etka file... body.... then look at page 74

but yeah. if your to lazy to look at the etka for it just go to the dealer
sorry. as you might have noticed i'm still in neutral. i have yet to make it to first gear. i'm not lazy, i'm just uninformed. i didn't know that sticky existed. but you can rest assured that never again will i create a post in reference to a part number. :thumbup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
where did it break?
I was the dd that night so I was toting around my drunk friends. Well one of them grabbed ahold of the grab handle with both hands and was hanging on it while trying to get out of the car. The handle part broke off and he hit himself in the face leaving quite the bruise the next day. It was damn funny, but it left me with a broken rear grab handle. The hardware to connect it is still there, but the handle isn't.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well all you need is a new handle, and a screw drive and 5 minutes.
I'm pretty sure the plastic pieces are broken. Maybe broken isn't the best choice of words....more like shattered. I'll take a picture of it when I get home from work tonight and post it, but I'm pretty sure I need everything but the screws. It won't take long to replace one I have the part, it's just a matter of getting it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And make yer drunk friend pay for it (+labor) :p
Nah, he'll pay his dues...he's gonna be the dd for a loooong time. Long time. That'll more than make up for it. :thumbup:

Now if it was something major, like say a side view mirror, that would be a different story. He wouldn't be able to pay for it because he'd be a dead man.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
I don't know what the part name is. I need to buy a replacement, however, if I don't know the name or part number I'm not sure how I would buy it. Can anyone help me out? I just need to know what the correct part name is and possibly where to look for it. Thanks!!
Replace it with the worthless driver's side grab-handle (you DO keep your hands on the WHEEL when the going gets rough, right?) and install the oh-so-coveted Sunglass Holder above the driver door.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Code:
[shameless plug]I have a grey one too. PM me if you'd like to buy. I am in northern Delaware[/shameless plug]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts