Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$2250 in damage to the Golf from last Saturday's hail storm. The good thing is that the Golf still had full coverage, we planned on dropping to basic after the Tiguan arrives. The Passat was in the garage awaiting repairs (as usual). Roofer is coming out Monday to check the roof as I am sure there is damage. Hail was reported to be quarter sized, but it sounded worse when it hit at 5am. With the sound and with the amount of damage, it was probably closer to golf ball sized. We will be keeping the car and payout, but not repairing it. It's 27 hits that are hard to see unless you look across the roof/hood at the correct angle. I feel much better about giving it to one of the kids as that was just under 50% of it's value.

·
Registered
26,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think we are the only area that had any damage. Most of the area only had dime sized hail. Luckily, my wife can not see the roof of the car without climbing on the door sill and hood does not look too bad.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
$2250 in damage to the Golf from last Saturday's hail storm. The good thing is that the Golf still had full coverage, we planned on dropping to basic after the Tiguan arrives. The Passat was in the garage awaiting repairs (as usual). Roofer is coming out Monday to check the roof as I am sure there is damage. Hail was reported to be quarter sized, but it sounded worse when it hit at 5am. With the sound and with the amount of damage, it was probably closer to golf ball sized. We will be keeping the car and payout, but not repairing it. It's 27 hits that are hard to see unless you look across the roof/hood at the correct angle. I feel much better about giving it to one of the kids as that was just under 50% of it's value.
Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe once it's clean. With the dirt of the last storm, it's hard to see. That and I usually take terrible pics. I also need to re-host all of the pics I dumped when PB decided to get greedy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts