Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

321 - 332 of 332 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
OK, since everyone else is posting to this thread, I didn't want to be the odd man out. :rolleyes:

I sincerely hope my G1/FMIC install doesn't take as long as Greta's transplant. However if it does, three things will be for certain:

1. It will be a job well done, meticulous and perfected as you, Jeff and all other contributors did for Greta.
  2. It will be more fun to drive than I ever imagined, and will forever reapply a grin to my face whenever look back over my shoulder to make sure the doors are locked whenever I have to get out and walk away.
  3. The wife will undoubtedly pressure me to sell it so it never will happen again ;)
Scott, are the euro rubs new? The wheels are awesome. What are they?

:thumbup:

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
Keith.....yeah.....the AC broke and made me think of selling Greta and getting a Tacoma. Since that would incur a payment, it was an easy decision that took me a while to cave into. Soooooooooooooooo, since the AC was going to get fixed, I said why not.....she's almost at 200k.....she needs "something". Jack hooked me up with OEM euro rub strips (new) and shipped them to my shop, so while I was on vacation......she got some new gear. I have to admit......I REALLY like the way they look. I was going to plastidip them and I am glad I didn't.

Those wheels are some wheels I took off of Bullit62 (Jon)......discontinued.........17x8.5 Ronal Bulldog wheels. I had them powdercoated when they came in. They were silver originally.

I'm excited to see your install....doing it yourself? That should really do well for you in your area....immediate torque to get over across lanes inbetween lights....no lag for you!

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #331
I remember this day specifically...was on my way to an adoption appt. then seeing the pieces after the head was taken off....burned into memory

321 - 332 of 332 Posts