Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Thread is for all of those oops and blunders that ALL installs make... This is not a flamewar thread nor is it a place to down grade ones abilities. This is not only for some good humor but it is also a valuable learning tool for installers new and old to remind and edecuate all of us of what can and has happend in the installation bay and in the backyard garage so we all learn on what NOT to do...

All images must also include explanations of what we are looking at for those not so obvious images as well as give some edecuational imformation to the noobs so they know why whatever is in the image is not correct.

DO NOT POST NEW BLUNDERS OR OOPS WITHOUT PICTS... THIS IS NOT STORY TIME AT PASSAT WORLD!!!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lesson 1.....

Dynamat is designed and engineered or the INSIDE of your automobile!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lesson 2 -

Dynamat Products are NOT designed to be installed on top of interior panels. Most importantly do NOT install Dynamat ontothe top of carpet!!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lesson 1 -

Speakers whether 4" 6" or a 6x9" do require a solid baffle or enclosure of some kind....

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lesson 2 -

When replacing speakers if ou bust a door clip we recommend that you replace the clip rather than finding alternative means to reattach the door panel to the door...

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Speakers should be used only in effective applications and in MODERATION!!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Subwoofer and Amp Install.....

Well its very generic, and no creativity.... but the customer was complaining there was no bass and he had spent a lot of money...

MMMM :Yikes: :Yikes: :Yikes: :Yikes: :Yikes: :Yikes:
:Yikes:

MMM Iwonder why...

Lets fold down the seat and take a look and see whats behind door number 2:biglaugh:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Fred, this is a great resource to all but I'm not sure how many of us took pictures of our finest install moments. I certainly wouldn't be showin my handy work if it was like what you have pictured (except for the Rabbit door, that thing is art in motion).

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fred, this is a great resource to all but I'm not sure how many of us took pictures of our finest install moments. I certainly wouldn't be showin my handy work if it was like what you have pictured (except for the Rabbit door, that thing is art in motion).

MIstakes are mistakes... weall learn from them... hell I wish I had a few pictures of my blunders.... See we all see and hear other peoples systems from day to day... and some of those have some really funny and outrageously wrong issues with them. Take a picture and share the experience when you saw the install and you were like ....... "mmmm somebody was smoking crack"

:crazy:

·
Registered
331 Posts
DO NOT POST NEW BLUNDERS OR OOPS WITHOUT PICTS... THIS IS NOT STORY TIME AT PASSAT WORLD!!!
I definately have mistakes but no pictures so I can't post as I'm sure a lot of folks. I was saying this is a great idea but most of us see maybe 5% of the stereo traffic you see and witness. I probably won't do another install for a long time and I'm a new dad so all my friends have gone the way of the freedom train. All I have is my past experience... for now. I just don't see a ton of traffic filling this thread if pics are required for each blunder. I do understand the storytime ban but hopefully everyone would mind their P's & Q's. Just a thought. I'll keep a camera handy and be ready in the meantime fo sho.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Dynamat on the carpet. Hysterical. And that stuff's not cheap...

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When your amplifier terminal breaks from oyu over tightening it... SEND IT IN TO GET FIXED!!!!

1 - 20 of 268 Posts