·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

2005 Cadillac STS

Models V6 RWD, V8 RWD, V8 AWD

Interior
Aluminum Trim Package, premium aluminum trim, includes center stack and console

Cruise control, adaptive, sophisticated radar transceiver automatically adjusts speed to maintain preset following distance, includes telltale in head-up in reconfigurable head-up display

Head-Up Display, reconfigurable, includes digital readouts for vehicle speed, selected gear, adaptive cruise indicator, radio information, high-beam indicator, fuel level, six languages available (English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish)

Keyless Access, includes keyless ignition which is engaged with push button start, and 2 remote transmitters which enable passive entry on both front doors and trunk, and remote start capability

Steering wheel, mounted controls, includes controls for sound system, HVAC system, voice recognition and Adaptive Cruise Control (if equipped)

Wood Trim Package, includes real eucalyptus wood on steering wheel, shifter knob, center stack and console, IP spear molding and door pulls

Stereo
ETR AM/FM Bose 4.0 with CD player, includes Radio Data System and 8 speakers

ETR AM/FM Bose 4.0 with in-dash 6 disc CD changer, includes Radio Data System and 8 speakers

ETR AM/FM Studio Surround Sound Bose 5.1 with in-dash 6 disc DVD changer, includes Radio Data System, seek-and-scan, digital clock, automatic volume compensation, TheftLock, weather band, digital signal processing and 15 speakers, rear passenger A/V jacks

ETR AM/FM Studio Surround Sound Bose 5.1 with in-dash 6 disc DVD changer, DVD-based Advanced Navigation, includes Radio Data System, seek-and-scan, digital clock, automatic volume compensation, TheftLock, weather band, digital signal processing and 15 speakers, rear passenger A/V jacks

Exterior
Glass, laminated front side for quiet car characteristics

Exhaust outlets, dual chrome-plated tips

Headlamps, halogen, Tungsten, windshield wiper activated, includes Twilight Sentinel and flash-to-pass feature

Headlamps, Intellibeam, automatic low/high beam control

Headlamps, Xenon, high-intensity discharge, windshield wiper activated, includes flash-to-pass and headlamp washers

Spoiler, decklid

Rear Parking Assist, Ultrasonic, includes rearview LED display and audible warning

Tires, P235/50R17, Michelin, S-rated, all-season, blackwall

Tires, P235/50R17 front and P255/45R17 rear, Michelin, V-rated, all-season, blackwall

Tires, P235/50R18 front and P255/45R18 rear, Michelin, W-rated, all-season, blackwall

Wheels, 2 - 17" x 7.5" (43.2 cm x 19.1 cm) front, 2 - 17" x 8" (43.2 cm x 20.3 cm) rear, cast aluminum, painted, 7-spoke

Wheels, 2 - 17" x 7.5" (43.2 cm x 19.1 cm) front, 2 - 17" x 8" (43.2 cm x 20.3 cm) rear, cast aluminum, polished, 7-spoke

Wheels, 4 - 18" x 8" (45.6 cm x 20.3 cm) cast aluminum polished, 9-spoke faceted

Wheels, 4 17" x 7.5" (43.2 cm x 19.1 cm) cast aluminum painted, 7-spoke

Wheels, 4 - 17" x 7.5" (43.2 cm x 19.1 cm) aluminum polished

Wipers, Rainsense

Mechanical
Brakes, Panic Assist, senses high impact braking and assists with braking maneuvers

Driver Shift Control

Engine, 3.6L V6 VVT (260 HP [193.9 kW] @ 6500 rpm, 252 lb.-ft. [340.2 N-m] @ 2800 rpm)

Engine, 4.6L Northstar V8 VVT, SFI variable valve timing, Northstar (320 HP [238.6 kW] @ 6400 rpm, 315 lb.-ft. [425.3 N-m] @ 4400 rpm)

Limited Slip Differential

Performance Cooling Package, includes P/S cooler, mechanical engine driven fan and 2-80 watt pusher electric fans

Premium Steering Gear, ZF

StabiliTrak

Seating
Front, bucket Nuance Leather Seating Surfaces
Front, bucket Tuscany Leather Seats

Colours, Light Gray1, Ebony1, Light Cashmere2
1 - Light Gray or Ebony Interiors include dark eucalyptus wood trim
2 - Light Cashmere interior includes medium eucalyptus wood trim

Exterior Colours
Blue Chip
Red Line
Black Raven
Silver Smoke
Sand Storm
Moonstone
Light Platinum
Silver Green Metallic
White Lightning

Dimensions
Wheelbase 116.40 (2957)
Overall length 196.30 (4986)
Body width 72.60 (1844)
Overall height 57.60 (1463)
Front track width 61.80 (1570)
Rear track width 62.30 (1582)
Head room, front 38.70 (983)
Head room, rear 37.90 (963)
Shoulder room, front 58.60 (1488)
Shoulder room, rear 57.40 (1458)
Hip room, front 54.60 (1387)
Hip room, rear 55.60 (1412)
Leg room, front 42.60 (1082)
Leg room, rear 38.30 (973)

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
is that a hint of grand prix styling i see on the sides?

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
passaturbonium said:
ummm.....as ugly as CTS....and identical looking
I gotta say that the CTS-look is growing on me...and yes, that looks like an overgrown CTS. And if they're offering the STS in AWD, it'd be nice to see a CTS-V in AWD...

Any word on pricing?

Andy

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
my grandpappy wouldn't be too pleased.....He won't buy anything newer than 2000 when the redesigned with smaller ones......He's 6'6" and can't fit into anything but his Cadillacs........

My dad's been trying to get him to go to BMW for a while, but no avail.....at least he bought his wife a C-Class :thumbup:

As for me, I like the new styling.....but it's not the greatest thing to hit the planet since sliced bread :roll:

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
I guess I'll be one of the few with the opinion that Cadillac's new styling theme is original and attractive. Unlike some recent German creations. *cough* Bangle *cough*

I like it.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
looks like a larger, watered-down version of the CTS. :thumbdow:

doesn't do anything for me, looks too boring.
at least the interior is vastly improved in quality and appearance (though a little overboard on the beige/tan plastic), but still not on par with the Germans and the Japanese.
By the way, why are some of the numbers missing on the tach and speedo?

Let's not forget that these things will be bought and driven by mostly old folk, so I'd guess Cadillac didn't want to get to far with their edgy styling.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I've always liked the STS. RWD seemed to be the only thing lacking, until now.

By the way, the CTS-V smoked the RS 6, Viper and Vettes at Sebring last week, finishing 1-2.

The RS 6 had brake problems (right rear locking up) or it would have been closer.

Caddy is about the only American car company I care for these days.

·
Rogue Assassin
2,977 Posts
Cadillac continues to carve out a niche for itself as a uniquely American interpretation of luxury performance. The CTS has grown on me over time (and I actually liked it for its nonconformity when I first saw it).

The new STS continues the current Caddy styling theme, and does it very well, IMHO. It's a huge improvement over the current STS.

I'm still shocked that Cadillac's recent resurgence in style, quality and performance -- along with the apparent steadfastness and consistency of its collective vision of what the brand stands for -- is succeeding amid the aimlessness of the rest of GM.

Actually, that last comment is a slightly out-of-date cheap shot. It seems like there might be a light on at last at GM, with the recent introduction of an increasing number of interesting (or at least somewhat competitive) cars.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I kinda like it. "Uniquely American" is accurate, which is a good thing. If I were to change something though, I would make the wheel arches go a bit higher to give it a more lower, muscular look.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
JazzMat said:
Cadillac continues to carve out a niche for itself as a uniquely American interpretation of luxury performance. The CTS has grown on me over time (and I actually liked it for its nonconformity when I first saw it).

The new STS continues the current Caddy styling theme, and does it very well, IMHO. It's a huge improvement over the current STS.

I'm still shocked that Cadillac's recent resurgence in style, quality and performance -- along with the apparent steadfastness and consistency of its collective vision of what the brand stands for -- is succeeding amid the aimlessness of the rest of GM.

Actually, that last comment is a slightly out-of-date cheap shot. It seems like there might be a light on at last at GM, with the recent introduction of an increasing number of interesting (or at least somewhat competitive) cars.
Well thats great however.....Cadis have been turning much faster laps then the competitors...on consistant basis....in the race where all cars are suppose to be equal.Caddilac came up with a million dollar sponsorship package for SCCA.......and now the Caddy entries are allowed a lot of technical "leeways" and basically owned the field in the cars' very first race. It seems like Cadilac is really involved in this project in a race where....well factory involvment is suppose to be limited.....

IMO that is more of a marketing then a race and this is the last race I will watch......sad.....

But congrats to Cadi...I guess :roll: <<<<its really not their fault.....its SCCA :mad:

I just dont like the fact that this whole thing will turn out to be.....more money more wins type of a deal, and the way its looking.....the little guy with limited budget will just disappear......it already happened to Mr.Farmer....

read>>> http://bbs.sccaproracing.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003170.html

I like what these guys said....
"SCCA, Mitch and Aaron will surly make a significant adjustment, not just a token adjustment. Not to punish the Caddys but to bring them in line with the class that they are running in. You cannot be in the GT class if you are running "Lemans" rules."

"Mike Galati says it best...."They are from a different planet". I think they need to be in a differnet series. Can anyone say Trans Am or Lemans....
I just wonder why they have the same power plant as a Corvette, same weight, yet they got oversized Throttle bodies and Valves. SCCA definitely needs to seriously address everyones concerns as now Caddy has let the cat out of the bag, and can run away from every car in the field."

:suspicio: :crazy: :cry: :( :mad:

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
103 Posts
I like
-the rear end and that big trunk access.
-the engine and drive choices
-the dashboard looks clean and I think that it has been quite a while since Cadillac has used real wood.

I Question
-whether there will be much knee room for the driver or passanger or will be cramped like CTS
-Is that A-pillar as big as it looks in the picture?

Overall I like it and hope they do well

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
If nothing else you have to give Cadillac credit for being orginal. Their new cars are their own, you can't say they stole that front end from anyone.

I agree with others, I think its quite amazing, Cadillac has really turned its self around. Look at its lineup from just 4 or 5 years ago....

The completly changed their linup from FWD, to RWD, put a manual in the CTS....ect....Hard top convertible XLR

-Nick

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
TAckhouse1 said:
If nothing else you have to give Cadillac credit for being orginal. Their new cars are their own, you can't say they stole that front end from anyone.

I agree with others, I think its quite amazing, Cadillac has really turned its self around. Look at its lineup from just 4 or 5 years ago....

The completly changed their linup from FWD, to RWD, put a manual in the CTS....ect....Hard top convertible XLR

-Nick
True...I wish they looked better....

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 20 of 31 Posts