Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me begin by saying that I don't care for the Momo look. But other than the hardwood stock one, I can't find a decent (leather wrapped) shift knob...... I rather like the old leather ones on the B4 Passats.

ANYWHERE!!!!!!

And exhausts for the V6 are rare, too I guess. I am so tired of searching but I can't stop.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
If you are 4Mo than you can go for Remus and Supersprint exhausts. You also have Borla,Jetex,Sebring.Almost all of them are making for V6(FWD and AWD).You can check their sites on Audi pages (it is almost same and usualy fits-bolt on) for A6.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Leloz said:
I got the B6 Euro shift knob from www.epimporters.com It is perfect IMO and is OEM.. can't beat that.

-Lelo
Yes - I am familiar with the one you're referring to. But let me ask you this: Is your shift knob the clamp-on kind or the screw-on kind? I believe the B5.5's would be compatible because they had the clamp-on shift knob if I am not misataken. The B5's, however, have the screw-on kind.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Triumph! Where did you get that? The Audi accessories catalogue? I can't find that knob there. And was any modification necessary for a perfect fit?

·
Registered
869 Posts
I bought them used. I asked around here for the A4 knob, and got the boot off of Ebay. You could also check the Audiworld classifieds. On the metal shaft is some stupid rubber cylinder that keeps the stock shift boot in place. I had to pull that thing off, and it took ALOT of effort. Other than that, no other modifications. Truth be told it isn't a perfect fit. See along the bottom of the boot by the handbrake, that dark area? That's where the boot doesn't quite meet the plastic. But I never even notice it, and it doesn't slide around at all. On a gray or tan interior, it'd probably be more noticeable.

I have the screw-on variety of shift knob, btw.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Triumph said:
On the metal shaft is some stupid rubber cylinder that keeps the stock shift boot in place. I had to pull that thing off, and it took ALOT of effort. Other than that, no other modifications.

I have the screw-on variety of shift knob, btw.
Well - I got the Dieselgeek short shifter a couple of weeks ago - so that rubber cylinder thing you are describing should no longer be a problem. Actually my stock boot looks straight for the first time now that it is "mobile" (i.e. you can move it around on the shaft of the dieselgeek shifter. So - looks like I just need to put some feelers out for that knob.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
Aaron6speed
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing