Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
8,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be in the market for a new intercooler here within the coming weeks. Im starting to do my research and have done some searches and have also read up on what people here have said about their installs.

Hvydrnkr says that going with the Evo MS FMIC is a very nicely built unit. Now, he had a big turbo, and the 1.9L custom engine by DynoSpot. But I want to hear from the masses as to what is best for a future big turbo project. Maybe a custom 2.0L 20v Turbo AEB? Maybe just a 1.8L big turbo. Not sure what's in the car's future. But I dont want to have to go out buying things twice, and from now on, I would prefer only new items.

I've heard that the SPP cores tend to be leaky units and have been known to boost leaks (read HermanH's continuous issues as he always had leaks [iirc] with his SPP core) and would like to prevent myself the hastle and headaches. ABD's unit is nice, but I dont want to broadcast to the world that I am running their intercooler. I want to keep things subtle and not have a bunch of people's names on the car, catch me?

So, fill my mind with your info.

Steve

· Banned
8,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. What do people think of the Greddy cooler? Anyone use that unit before? Ive seen that a few of the A4 people use them, but nothing from the Passat crew.

Lou, I'd like to stay away from peicing my own unit together. I would like to have a unit that is able to handle a large charger, such as say, a GT series turbo or something of that sort. I'd love to buy something that is designed for our particular cars.

And again, I dont have to worry about any of the smog stuff, so it should be pretty simple to install the Evoms kit if that's what it comes down to.

Keep the ideas coming,
Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.