Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering installing it in my 1.8t...would love the wood look...anyone have any pics of an install they did themselves or give any feedback on how long or difficult it is? Also any feedback on where to purchase would be great! thanks in advance!
-cbx :D

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Do you have the single or double din dash? I'm selling my OEM wood but it's the single din dash. It'll come with the entire kit except the cupholder (wife broke it) so you'd get the dash center, manual hvac surround, both ashtray covers and all the pass door inserts (3) and the entire driver's armrest. Looking for $225 and I'm just north of Sac so we could meet up. Installation is very easy since they're all OEM parts. I'll email the pics.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the single or double din dash question? I have the monsoon cd player head...and the climate control dials are on the bottom...no storage bin to speak of if that helps. Cupholders are in the center console...anyone have any more pics of this style?

-cbx

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow...I forgot how much I like the look of the wood...anyone know where I can get the OE kit specifically for my vehicle at a good price?

-cbx

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No way! Really! I could have sworn that Lasher downtown had a kit for a little over 200...I'm swinging by there at lunch to see. :cry:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah...like that look alot!!! did you install that or is that factory installed?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like it...where can I get it? How hard is it to put in myself? I have the double din dash...so your center piece wont work right?

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Correct, my center won't work, but the rest (assuming you have manual HVAC controls) will. It's only available through a dealer (~$1000) or private sale (considerably less). If you want I'll sell you everything else so you can save a crap load of money and you could get the center dash piece through Liberty VW and use the club discount. LMK!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ah....I have the manual controls...how tough is the install? and...the centerpiece consists of what? Is it the piece that would otherwise surround the stereo?

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
The istall isn't hard. You take the old parts out, and out the new ones in. The center piece will the be the main center section and you'll need the really thin piece underneath where the cupholder was on the B5s. For the ashtray covers you'll need to pull out the center console I believe. The 3 passenger door trim parts are just clipped into place. For the driver's door you need to take off the inner part of the handle and then unscrew a bolt. There are some pretty good write-ups on this (some with pics) if you use the search function.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts