Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search for several different term combo's on this but I didn't turn up much information. I recall reading some a while back but I can't find the threads. I just want to know if people are getting these overpriced but neat toys or not; and if so, what do you think of them? Also, who's got the best deal going lately? New Dimensions has them on their website for $34.99.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I love that little thing - I used it all throughout the blackout we had here.

The search is only going back to a couple of months. Try Liberty as well but 35 bux is a decent price.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I got mine for $35 from a dealer somewhere in the midwest on E-bay. Mine has come in handy on more than one occasion. Also, my girls think it's a lot of fun.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jeffsu350 said:
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51293

this is a link to the group buy that happened awhile ago. It had the specifics including the part#'s. I keep sending a special request form to drewparts to see how much it would be with the clubb5 discount, but i have had no response in 3 weeks or so :???:
I found the OEM flashlight on the "Special Order" section, it was like $58 and with the clubb5 discount it was around $47.

Oh, one more question: will the ashtray cover go back down with this in?

Thanks for the replies so far. Keep 'em coming.

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Macgirl said:
jeffsu350 said:

this is a link to the group buy that happened awhile ago. It had the specifics including the part#'s. I keep sending a special request form to drewparts to see how much it would be with the clubb5 discount, but i have had no response in 3 weeks or so :???:
I found the OEM flashlight on the "Special Order" section, it was like $58 and with the clubb5 discount it was around $47.

Yes the ashtray will go down if it is closed IIRC there is an off and a clicked down closed or something like that, make sure it is as small as possible since that is they only way it can fit

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Macgirl said:
jeffsu350 said:

i just looked again and could not find it :???:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jeffsu350 said:
Macgirl said:
jeffsu350 said:

i just looked again and could not find it :???:
Check this link: http://www.drewparts.com/Products.asp?ParentID=33354
It is listed as follows:
Light For Socket
Light for socket in ashtray. Part number 7L6-947-175-A.
$58.30

This links provided were very helpful. I'll put in a request from Liberty and see how much they want for one also, but it looks like the New Dimensions is the price to beat.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Paid way too much for it but it has paid for itself in the past few months. Been a lifesaver in 2 power outages and helping me find a bottle opener in the back of my truck while skiing...

Without that light we most certainly would have gone without beer for almost 15 minutes :lol:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
ecstuning is the price for me. It is more expensive than New Dimensions, but after shipping ecstuning is a couple cents cheaper. New Dimensions charges $7 for shipping and ecs charges $3.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Even with the torch as small as possible, the ashtray cover sticks up about a millimeter and a half however, it is completely unnoticeable except if you look for it. The thing lasts forever on one charge.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
one more dumb ?, the part # on drewparts.com is 7L6-947-175-A, when the group buy from Liberty VW is 7L6-947-175-11 . Does anyone know the difference, or are they the same thing?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Macgirl said:
New Dimensions has them on their website for $34.99.
Wow, that's a really good price, I haven't seen them that low since they came out.. Gosh,perhaps, you could try a group buy with New Dimensions and get it even lower. :shock:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've got one more question.....

Has anyone used this light in another car other than a VW? For that amount of money I would hope that it was interchangable, seems that those lighter socket's are pretty universal.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
14 Participants
mmmmark
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing