Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just purchased a 2004 GLS 1.8T Wagon w/ 4MOTION and need some info about the OEM tires. Do you guyz know how many miles I can put on the OEM tires before replacing 'em? And, are they any good in snow?

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
I'm sure you'' get at least 40K miles out of them if you leep them properly inflated...

they are an all season tire and should do you well in the snow...

you should have gotten an information booklet with your owners manual with tire information... are they the Michelins...?

·
Registered
17 Posts
You either got the Michelin MXV4 or the Conti CH95. Both will last about 40k, maybe a little less w/4Mo. The Contis are a little better in the snow, the Michelins have a little quicker steeing response. Bottom line is that they're ok but if you like driving hard you'd want to replace them before they're worn.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I got 60k out of my contis they were fine in the snow but don't push them too hard or they will break loose. Although you will most likely have differant results as you are 4mo, and I am fwd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.