Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have been debating this a bit, although it's not a life changing decision. I have a Reflex Silver B5.5 sedan and I'm about to get Euro Tail lamps. The W8 version has a chrome strip on the bottom and the Non-W8 version does not...which should I get???

It's probably not as critical on a Silver Car but still - I'm actually leaning towards the non-chrome strip since it's cleaner and my car is Silver, if my car was black, I would go with chrome - I think...HELP!

Here's Flippped's ride with chrome...

and mine without the chrome...

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I<3myW8 said:
Just a question: Do the US W8 taillamps come with the fogs already built in?

And honestly, I like the chrome version better. Maybe that's just because I own a W8, but... :D
No - I like the chrome too but I don't think I like it on the lamps so try to change my mind please...lol

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
You B5.5ers are already blinging, so what's a little more chrome? :poke: :D

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I like my chrome trim, but prefer my tails chromeless. But you can look at it either way: it's a small bit of chrome, so why bother, or it's a small bit of chrome, might as well.

My vote's no-chrome. :thumbup:

Oh, and since you'll probably get the tails from Gurft, you therefore are required to tint. :D Here's a tinted non-chrome Variant Euro tail (i.e., "perfection" :lol: )

·
Registered
436 Posts
idale said:
I like my chrome trim, but prefer my tails chromeless. But you can look at it either way: it's a small bit of chrome, so why bother, or it's a small bit of chrome, might as well.

My vote's no-chrome. :thumbup:

Oh, and since you'll probably get the tails from Gurft, you therefore are required to tint. :D Here's a tinted non-chrome Variant Euro tail (i.e., "perfection" :lol: )

How dark are those tails tinted? I love the look

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NoneRock said:
flip a coin...it's good either way, so don't rack your brain about it.

I'll even flip it for you.....

Heads Chrome
Tails No Chrome....

Here we go....

TAILS, issue resolved.

(by the way, I really did flip a coin :wink: )
:p thanks James!!!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
RiverRipper said:
How dark are those tails tinted? I love the look
That's the super-secret Extra Light tint. Definitely what I wanted, since even the Light was darker than I was hoping for. Saw a picture of JROO's Silverstone sedan, asked him what level he got, and asked Jon to do the same for me (mine look a little lighter, though, due to JROO's overcast picture). Turned out great. 8) :bow:

·
Registered
212 Posts
NoneRock said:
flip a coin...it's good either way, so don't rack your brain about it.

I'll even flip it for you.....

Heads Chrome
Tails No Chrome....

Here we go....

TAILS, issue resolved.

(by the way, I really did flip a coin :wink: )
Hey! I think that coins has two tails. :suspicio:

Use my quarter...

Heads Chrome
Tails No Chrome....

and we have heads (unless you drive silver :crazy: )
chrome all other colors. or dechrome everthing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.