Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install an OEM 6 Disc cd-changer from my VW dealership into my 05 passat wagon. The rectangular connector is there in the trunk and the monsoon radio has the round dial on the right side of the radio for random play. But nobody there can tell me if the random play will be from only one disc or if it will random play from all 6 discs in magazine of the changer. I want a changer that will take songs from all 6 cd's in the magazine. Does anyone know the answer??? Thanks for your help in this matter.

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
When you hit the Mix button (or Random or whatever), you get a mix of songs on one CD, not everything loaded into the changer.

Sorry.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,698 Posts
Mine does both. Somethimes it's for just one CD other times it hops around between CDs. Not sure why though.:crazy:

·
Registered
2001 Passat wagon; 2016 Golf Sportwagen
5,503 Posts
Also, don't buy it from the dealership. They want like $300 for it. Ack. ...
Can you find a new one elsewhere at a significantly lower price? Crutchfield, perhaps?

·
Registered
321 Posts
well, yes you can put your radio to do a ramdon with all 6 cds just press scan for like 5 seconds and would show you a volume setup when you push the scan the second time would be another setup for Mix it ll say 1cd mix or 6 cd mix

·
Registered
39 Posts
well, yes you can put your radio to do a ramdon with all 6 cds just press scan for like 5 seconds and would show you a volume setup when you push the scan the second time would be another setup for Mix it ll say 1cd mix or 6 cd mix

Cool, didn't know about this. I'll have to try this out, thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info. I am meeting with the dealership this morning and we are going to set it in place to see if it will seek all 6 cd's .Will let you know how it turns out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts