Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been combing the forums trying to find an answer, but I want to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I have a 2001.5 1.8T with stock HU, Monsoon Amp, and OEM 6 CD changer. I drove to work one day and the CD changer was working fine. I came back to the car after work, and the CD wouldn't play. I kept getting "Check Magazine" which then would progress to "CD ERR".

I tried taking out the magazine and removing all the CDs except one. It then gave me a "Check Magazine" message. After a few seconds it would display "CD 1 Tr01" but then would display "CD ERR".

I tried sticking a CD cleaner disk in the magazine to clean the lense, but that did not solve the problem.

I read somewhere it could be a shorted wire, but that would be strange considering the car was not driven between the time the CD changer worked and when it failed.

Any help would be appreciated. :???:

·
Registered
163 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my changer. It stopped working for more than a month. Cleaning didn't seem to help--I even sprayed the inside with computer spray air. I took it apart and found I could get it to play if I started the disc spinning with my finger--not really a solution. A month later it started working properly again. It worked for another 10 months with no issues. Then it quit again. Tired of the hassles I bought a replacement changer.

Good Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.