Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
At getcoolparts you can get the floppy ones bosch wiper arms for like 26 dollars. It includes the insert and it works perfectly. Remember that there is a coupon Audi06 and if you buy 2 pair (I think) you can qualify for free shipping. Audi06 takes 5% off and no tax in california.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Can these go directly with the regular arms, or are they like aero blades where you need the specific wiper arm for them to work? Might have to pick up a pair

·
Registered
356 Posts
They are Aero blades wipers. I just bought a pair and they fit and work just fine. It's the insert and the floppy part that attaches to it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I don't think the Aero wipers work. I believe that you'll have to get the ones with the wishbone type supports if you have the old style wipers. These are probably the ones that the original poster is discussing.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Bosch Icons are your option for fitting the aero-style wiper blade to an older style (J or U-hook) wiper arm. I have fitted them to my 2001 Audi TT and my wife's Ford Escape, they fit and work well, and have a much cleaner look that the standard bracket-type arms and blades:

http://www.boschautoparts.com/Products/WiperBlades/Icon.htm

I think the Bosch aero wiper that fits the newer B5.5 (pin mount) is call the Bosch Aero Twin.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So what do you do when the wipers wear out? Do you have to spend another $30 to replace them?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just picked up a set. Cost $40 at autozone. They are just like the aero wipers but for the hook style as someone posted above. So much better than stock. They were one of the best mods I ever did on my old gti. My wifes jetta is getting a set today

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
So what do you do when the wipers wear out? Do you have to spend another $30 to replace them?
You can replace the rubber wiper strip with a little effort. The dealer sells the strip for like $8 a pair (I think that's what he charged me a few months back.)

·
Registered
356 Posts
I used to buy the strip for like 2.44 at walmart then they stopped carrying tripledge. I then used the ones they bought for replacement. The first time I did it, it worked fantastically. After that it chattered like crazy. I'd almost pay 23.xx for a good set of wipers each year.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
$30 is what my local dealer charges.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts