Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I am going to give up my stereo in my car again this year.

Tried for the first time last year, with decent results.

Some people have throught it was kind of a stupid thing to give up.

For me personaly its a big thing. I spend alot of time in my car, and I absolutly adore music. I have a $1200+ stereo in my car, including XM radio. Consertively 800 total watts (200 watts to the mains 600 watts to the subs) Subs are two Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1's.

I have also found that it is the perfect thing for me to give up. Its somthing that I don't need, but that I enjoy enough that I will miss it. And everytime I go to hit the power button thats not there (I take the face off my radio) I remeber the reason of why im giving somthing up.

-Nick

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Flippped said:
Rich P said:
atomicalex said:
I might be a real bitch, though. :nervous:
Can you give up being a bitch too? :oops: :wink:
LOL! :lol:
dammnnnn that was harsh...

I am going to give up all Pop products again. Suprisingly last year i did this successfully, even though my daily income is somewhere around 700ml at least... hello beer :lol:

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I gave up red meat one lent - 40 days for a guy that eats red meat "almost" daily - that was pretty rough. The first hamburger I had after that time really made me sick but uh, I got over it! ;) Since my wife is pregnant anyway and I've been sneaking beer (she knows I have the beer, it's obvisously in the fridge and all) but I can't drink it in front of her as I feel guilty as hell so I just had my last one for the next 40 days - I'll kill two beers with one stone here. :)

Cheers!

:beer:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I am not giving up anything. Oh and I'm with Johnny B5.5, I will not give up meat on Fridays either.

The way I see it, if I get to the gates of Heaven and they look over my record, the deciding factor in my entrance will NOT be meat.
"Ohh, you had that steak in 2004, sorry, better luck next time. No next time? Enjoy Hell."

Yeah I might be cynical, but at least I'm greedy and selfish! hehe

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm giving up giving things up :poke:

Carlin on GOD

IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED DO NOT CLICK THE DAMN LINK!
:nervous:

peace and VW's

daniel

op's edited to fix link :weirdo:

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I'm giving up soda, candy and alcohol..... wow a college kid's worst nightmare.

Hahah i went to church today and the priest said something funny...
"when I was working in Salinas, this lady came up to me after mass and said you are the cruelest priest ever! So he said why is that? She responded because you distributed ashes AFTER communion. So he said what's more important, receiving the body and blood of christ or ashes? and she yelled ASHES! I guess she wanted to leave badly..."
I thought it was funny because the Mission (Mission in San Luis Obispo) was packed tonight. People down the aisles, spewing out of the doors, and you can tell who usually goes to mass and who doesn't just from little things that people who go to church regularly do.... but it was amusing to see how many people just went today to get ashes. I guess they can add another day that Catholics go to church... Christmas, Easter and Ash Wednesday :) People in SLO town partied too hard this weekend :p

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
You like giving up TV. My wife and I did it 3 years ago and have only returned to watching the 6:30 pm news and the occasional morning news for traffic.

No cable bill, no satellites, no wasting my time in front of the tube.

It's a good one.

I think I'm going to try to give up 10-15 lbs this lent. I really need to lose some pounds and probably need a miracle or at least some religious intervention to do it.

Baisee - Are you a Newmanite also? It's a pretty great community around there.
My wife and I were big into it back in our day '93-'96. Dayum - I'm old :cry:

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
gig103 said:
I am not giving up anything. Oh and I'm with Johnny B5.5, I will not give up meat on Fridays either.

The way I see it, if I get to the gates of Heaven and they look over my record, the deciding factor in my entrance will NOT be meat.
"Ohh, you had that steak in 2004, sorry, better luck next time. No next time? Enjoy Hell."

Yeah I might be cynical, but at least I'm greedy and selfish! hehe
Gig, how do you like your steak? :lol:

Don't worry, you'll still get into Heaven. It's a church rule, not a Biblical rule.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
ralphb said:
Cheese.

I love the stuff - slices on sandwiches, shredded on pizza, grated on lots of stuff (popcorn, pasta, salads, etc), cheese sauce, etc, etc. This wouldn't be much of a sacrifice for some people, but for me, this is pretty big

It is April 11 yet? :sad:
WOW cheese? I don't think I could ever do that..... cheese makes everything better :) 39 more days? hang in there!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
21 Participants
Rich P
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing