Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I spend a fair amount of time looking for cool new apps for my Palm OS 5 device. I came across this: OBD Guage. It looks like it does the basic OBD-II reading and also allows for the checking of DTCs and clearing them too. I've never used it but I will be giving it a shot when I get near my car again (damn travling for work)

Description from the Website:

Dana Peters (developer) said:
Enhance your dashboard with a graphical display of your vehicle's diagnostic sensors, updated as you drive. Also provides the ability to read and clear diagnostic trouble codes.

I know some of you have been interested in the past. Since its free, its probably worth a shot.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
I've got the Shadetree sogtware (ProDiag) and all the cables I need, I'll download it and check it out as well and let you all know what i find out.

If it's good and you only need to pay $70 for a cable then that's great, sure would beat $250.

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Sweet...especially since I recently picked up a used Palm V at a yard sale. The lady had a $3.00 pricetag on it, but told me to give her $1.50 :shock: Seems her husband found it on a bench at the airport and could never get it to work. I found a charger for it, did a hard reset and it worked fine. :thumbup:

BTW, any CB5 member that lost their Palm V at the airport, PM me to identify and claim. :wink:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, you would need to source your own cable here ... I already have one, so I didn't think about that. But I don't think that he is pushing a cable, just providing the software.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is a cheap (read: free) alternative, albeit less functionality, to the other products.

Gietl, looking forward to hearing the review.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts