Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm at a loss trying to get the OBD-II to connect to the vehicle. I've tested the scan tool on another vehicle and it works just fine so I've eliminated a faulty scan tool as the problem. I've read on other forums to check the fuse that affects the OBD port, however I've looked online and in the owner's manual and I cannot find in either where it states exactly which fuse relates to the port - does anyone know for sure which fuse it is on this model on a '96 passat wagon tdi 1Z? I've also read that because this model year has issues reading the OBD-II scanner and there is some unique procedure one must go through where you pump the Accel. pedal 5 times within 5 seconds to get the scanner to read the codes...has anyone done this or know anything specifics (i.e. exact steps) about this procedure?? I've tried numerous ways to get the scanner to connect but it keeps displaying a failed connection reading. I'm racking my brain trying to find additional info online about how to connect this vehicle and there doesn't seem to be much online that I'm finding. Anything and everything welcomed and appreciated!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts