Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting fault code P1176 O2 (Lambda) Correction Behind Catalyst: Control Limit Reached Bank 1

Is there supposed to be resistance in Bank 1 Sensor 2? I forgot to compare Banks 1 and 2 to see if there was resistance in B2 S2

Does no resistance indicate a bad sensor? The sensor already has an extender on it and I cleaned the MAF sensor.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
There should be a number in that field.
Before you try replacing the sensor, check to make sure you don't have any air / exhaust leaks in the exhaust system anywhere before that sensor.
Check the connection at the exhaust manifold to downpipe, the other common place but often overlooked, the flex connector. Make sure no leaks exist.
The way I understand this code, the code is saying the system is to rich or lean and the ECU is at it's max allowable adjustment limit.
Maybe that's why there's no number in that field? I'm not sure of why that is to be honest.

Reactions: RCinSTP

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tomvw, that makes sense, I ran the software again and there was no resistance on either Bank 1 or Bank 2.

Thanks AndreasPassat, I checked the flex connector and it seems ok but there could be some small leaks there, fortunately there is a place near where I live that does a great job replacing the flex connector for a great price (Economy Muffler, University Ave., Saint Paul, MN) I will check more closely for exhaust leaks before the sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts