Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I ask this as have had my passat recalled by VW for a fault. just wondering how any others went with the recall. and where they took their vehicle? cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The recall is for a lower linkage/control arm. have had my car inspected and been told it requires replacing, but they cant do it till august. not sure if i want to drive my car between now and then. might try another service centre.

looks like im the only kiwi then!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm... not sure what i want to be in my new life....which has the strongest current dollar?
do i get an allowance? hehehe
catchya round.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Eurotechnic at Mt Maunganui is a REVO dealer.
It appears from searches that my 1998 AEB is most likely not flash upgradable so REVO is probably not an option.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up a 2001 1.8T NZ new with FSH and ;) 1 lady owner. Of course, it's black. Got sick of looking at Singapore imports with lotsa bling and oil sludge covered firewalls. Contis say this is "a very well serviced, very good example", and oh yes, 49kms too. I'm happy.

John

·
Registered
1 Posts
Passat Accesories

Hey there nz passat owners,

Does anybody know where accesories for passats can be brought in new zealand? head/taillights etc?

·
Registered
1 Posts
:thumbup:

Hello all.

For parts in Auckland you can contact Platinum VW in Glen Innes/Mt Wellington. Otherwise trademe has some Passat bits and pieces.

:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Recall for lower arms

Just thought while I was on the fourm that had to mention that all B5 passats were part of the recall as previously mentioned, my old 1999 passed and our B5.5 was all OK.

Go to VASK fourm for local mod details...:whistle:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Im from Auckz got a 1999 black vw passat v6 2.8 and loving it =D paint work is like new and drives like a dream. just had cambelt and waterpump done along with a full service. About to put 19' Mandris Millenium wheels on black with chrome polished lip. Looking for some adjustable springs but apparently they are few and far between for the passat. Also getting a custom front bumper and audi a4 chrome grill stuck on without the badges. Wondering whether my car is part of this recall as I had an aa check done on it and they said the front left suspension arm bushes are perishd... Think thats going to be pretty pricey

·
Registered
13 Posts
John be aware of the electrics in your car, if they start to play up flick it asap as it was imported from Singapore apparently there have been frequent probs in nz with the wiring loom diminishing on singapore imported passats which = MEGA $$$$ :puke:. Just giving heads up :driving:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just bought an '02 1.9TDi wagon (NZ new). Great car! It was lowered with (German made?) springs and Bilstein(sp) shocks by previous owner who was a traveling sales executive (not boy-racer :). Rides a little harder than I am used to / prefer but it sticks to the road like on rails.
:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
was going to PM you (kiwipassat) but apparently I can't until I've made more than 5 posts so ...

I'm keen to understand the details around the recall as I paid about $300 to have mine sorted about 2 years ago on my 1999 v6 4 Motion.

Are you able to flick over any more details or got any advice as to how I'd go about checking the details on this recall?

Appreciate your help ;o)

·
Registered
4 Posts

hey guys, ive just got myself a 98 1.8t passat and im keen to mod it up a bit with badge-less front grill and a few other things and just wanted to know if any was bring ing in any after-market gear for us. if i find any details or bing in anything myself ill post it up here.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts