Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW YORK, April 6, 8:00 AM Harnessing the corporate power of Infiniti's 32-valve 4.5-liter DOHC V8 used in the current M45, the Q45 luxoliner and the FX45 crossover, this M45 Concept makes do with 340 hp and a 5-speed manually shiftable automatic transmission. High-tech features include an active rear suspension designed to improve cornering performance by adjusting its geometry based on steering and vehicle-speed inputs.

Also debuting (in North America) is a new Lane Departure Warning system that can alert a drowsy driver before it's too late. The M45 Concept rides on a longish 114.2-in. wheelbase and 19-in. tires, so its looks long and lean on the outside. But inside is where this concept really shines.

Up to five occupants can be surrounded by a mix of leather and aluminum trim. A 14-speaker, 5.1-channel decoding surround sound audio system--with a "personal" speaker mounted in each front climate-controlled seat--is available to blow out the jams.

And there's no reason why this killer ap wouldn't make it into production, along with the pushbutton starting switch, voice-activated navigation system, Bluetooth wireless connectivity, intelligent cruise control and wide-angle rearview monitor. The Infiniti M45 Concept makes its world debut here on April 8.

·
Registered
505 Posts
daddy like! but like 20villian said...where's the clutch? :???:

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
there's nothing wrong with the current M45. It's a killer factory luxo hot-rod. The interior is a terrible interpretation of the BMW. Ugh, I just looked again. That dash sucks ass and they really did a bad job trying to copy design elements of the new 5-series.

Thumbs down Infiniti. You're descending into the lexus design philosophy of copying other people's designs.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Medrosje said:
there's nothing wrong with the current M45. It's a killer factory luxo hot-rod. The interior is a terrible interpretation of the BMW. Ugh, I just looked again. That dash sucks ass and they really did a bad job trying to copy design elements of the new 5-series.

Thumbs down Infiniti. You're descending into the lexus design philosophy of copying other people's designs.
Cant you say that for all Nissan interiors???

IMO, the front looks good!

The rear is UGLY....very UGLY....

I will pass on this one.....

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I like the front. :thumbup:
The side looks like a Chevy Impala SS or a Buick La Crosse (boring) :thumbdow:
The taillights are friggen huge and busy-looking, not elegant at all. :thumbdow:
It should be one color and the license plate location should be moved to the bumper to clean up the look.

The interior is very nice and sporty looking, however, like the Lexus IS300 it will age fast and lose it's appeal. All that metal work on the interior would be blindingly bright on a sunny day though.

They definately need to redesign the current M45 (it has excellent performance) -- it's sales has been dismal (I could only recall seeing one or two of them on the streets), probably due to it's rather generic and forgetable styling (kinda reminds me of the Japanese market luxury sedans of the late 80's).

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Over all I like it.

some details like the tail lights need to be sorted out a little better, but otherwise its a big improvment.

for the reccord, if I was int he market, I would deffinetly consider an M45.

Styling isn't the best, but some new rims, lower suspeision ect.. could help.

and 340 horsies under the hood, would deffinetly help.

-Nick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
10 Participants
Spirare
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing