Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
B5'rs, i have a Dumb Question. if i have 2 and half yrs left on me lease can i get into another automobile? or do i have to wait till the lease is up? what are the negitives for trying to get into another car mid lease...

any info is truely appreciated in advance.

thank you for listening to my NUUB question.

ganx14
2003 glx v6 30v

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks got everything i need to know :)

good info...

i luv my passat so im not giving up my car... i like it to much :) sure beats driving a dodge neon hehe...

cheers
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Your question is not dumb. Your timing could be better. A question such as this should be asked before you sign the lease. Most leases prohibit you from subleasing your car (i.e., transferring your lease to another). Additionally, nearly all leases have extremely harsh early termination penalties, written in virtually indecipherable language. Just don't get sucked into trading your lease car in based on a dealer's promise that you can roll the early termination penalty into the new lease or installment contract on your next car. You will wind up in much worse shape than you are now. The only real option you have at this point is to gut it out and pay off the lease. All financing negative equity gets you is more negative equity in the next car, leaving you driving down the road to higher and higher car payments, repossession and bankruptcy. Then it is welcome to the world of subprime finance, where tired iron sells for twice its value at three times normal rates of interest.

Leasing a car is nearly always a bad deal for the consumer. The price you are paying for the car, as well as the interest rate, is much harder to determine than is the case with an installment purchase contract.

Any time a dealer can get a consumer to focus soley on the amount of the monthly payment, the consumer usually comes out on the short end. I once took the deposition of a finance manager for a large dealership chain in a fraud suit and he characterized "payment buyers" as "low flying ducks."

Before setting foot in a dealership, you should check out carbuyingtips.com and click on "Top Ten Dealer Scams". To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great info!

im not getting out of my lease as i am satified what i entered into. and for the quality of the vehical vs others in the same px range im extremely satisfied.

plus i am so below my yrly milage by the time my lease expires ill probably only use up 70% of my alloted milage and im babying the vehical.

i just wanted to know some info and yes you guys are awsome. i was directed axactly were to get this info.

thx B5 club :)

Ganx14
2003 silver glx v6 30v
:bow: :bow: :bow:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts