Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shock: hindsight is always 20, sales transactions are often like driving a pididdle :shock:
If a credit application is filled out with a dealer and a credit card downpayment is made, can it be nullified so as to go with a different dealer? The charge was made to secure a car that may or may not be on a dock (cannot check on Saturdays..((them union longshoresmen would make overtime!!)). No other paperwork has been filled out. The dealer met me and my wife with a good price, but made us feel like we were screwing them. The complimentary coffee cups and care-bear may not be enough. :sad:
Just concerned that he could be evasive about the true availability of the car, and if he could change the spoken amount agreed upon once it gets here. Also how payments made on my car-to-be-traded could affect the deal if I have to wait more than a month.
This all, of course, is pending how the salesman does Monday morning in securing a car in a reasonable amount of time and honoring our spoken amount. We can't do the real paperwork until we have a car to buy. :p

ps. vw doesn't give out care-bears.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
You can always dispute a charge with your credit card bank.

If the dealer doesn't deliver, call your credit card bank and discuss your options with them. Odds are, if you payed under the assumption that a product would be delivered and it wasn't, then you will probably get the charge credited back to your card.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I just have to trust him.
I was kidding about the hurt feelings and care bear, but the dealing process this time was brutal.
Getting credit card amount credited isn't usually a problem, but swapping dealers could be if I already filled out a credit application with them.
I'd give them excellent marks if all goes as planned.
But hopefully none of this is an issue and I will get some good news tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
no problem. If you went through VW credit the app is on file and they can use that.
Deposits are refundable until you take delivery, by law. Even if you signed something stating it was non-refundable it is as those agreements are illegal in many states.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Guyute said:
no problem. If you went through VW credit the app is on file and they can use that.
Deposits are refundable until you take delivery, by law. Even if you signed something stating it was non-refundable it is as those agreements are illegal in many states.
Did the Credit Card charge stipulate what it was for? Hopefully it says something like "Vehicle Deposit" and NOT "Credit application FEE". If you have not signed a Buyer's Invoice (Purchase Agreement), go elsewhere when not happy with the service.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only thing I signed was a credit application. The deposit was supposed to be a downpayment on securing a car, refundable once the car was secured, but the receipt says nothing of this, nor does the original I signed.
I called this morning to find that the only person who can check stock on the port is the manager, who has the day off. The salesman says he forgot that it was his manager's day off the other day, but I urged him to find his manager regardless of his day off and check it like he said it would be.
I'm keeping the faith and I won't be dissatisfied with this dealer if we can get the car this month. We reviewed the price again and made sure we were on the same page, so the trust issue with the numbers is fine. At this point it's just an availability and time frame issue, and waiting for the phone to ring. arrrghh!
btw, thanks for the help everyone.

update: They're cool! Car's incoming, vin# in my name. Just a day of buyer's shock. :oops:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts