Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
w00t!

So I ran over to Z28's house today to pick up some Brembro Rotors and got home and said "you know, Bel's a great guy, but I think I can do this myself"

So I grabbed the step-by-step from here on doing a rotor/pad install and went downstairs with my tools. My lovely fiancee came down with me and kept me company.

I finished the passenger's side with little trouble (note tho, the directions called for a 17mm socket on the '99, I have an '03 and it was an 18mm for the caliper bracket.) But I just couldn't get the wheel back on. Well she jumped in and helped me wrestle everything together and said "I think I can do this, it doesn't look hard"
:p
So I said, "go for it". With the exception of breaking a few bolts, she did the entire install for me on the drivers side. Everything turned out awesome and I now have nice new rotors, and a great install from someone that I love :D

So props to my fiancee, and the awesome instructions from Clubb5. Together we did both front rotors in under 2 hours. And I now have someone who isn't afraid to get dirty and help me with a few more mods.

Pics coming as soon as the digital camera is fixed.

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
Congrats on the girlie. I know what it is like to have one too. Dee pulled off my bumpers for my wagon when we were painting them, while I was doing other things....

And swapped the 16v into her car with her dad and bro (before I was around.)

And last week her dad, her and I changed out some bent valves on her 16v when the T belt slipped.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Great job! Is she available when I do my brakes next? I just did mine a few weeks ago and had a hell of a time trying to get the rear passenger rotor off - took almost 30 minutes just to get that off... :crazy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts