Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this morning I go to start my car and it wouldn't start. My key fob wouldn't work and the car wouldn't start. Well after being on the phone for over an hour I lifted up the carpet under the driver's seat and I found my CCM drowning in water! I took the CCM apart and found some corrosion on the board plus it was soaked. Dried it off put it back in the car, still nothing. Called the dealership to order another one, $220. UGH! Just wondering if there is anything else that could be wrong after I replace the module, I don't want to keep buying parts left and right. Sorry I'm a little pissed off right now so I'm kinda ranting but any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
next time wear depends or some other kind of adult diapers and that should solve the "water" problem. :poke: :D

When you try to turn it on does it make any kind of sound?

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Sounds like if the module was drowning in water that something prolly shorted out when you tried to start the car. See if you can hang the CCM out to dry, literally, and make sure that the surface of the module is dry. You may be able to use some electrical parts cleaner to clean up any small amounts of corrosion, but dont count on it. Check and make sure that you have enough power running through the battery. Hopefully that is the only thing thats wrong.

Mike, calm down and relax. It will be ok. Keep us posted though as to what you find out.

Steve

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got my CCM in from Specialized German Recycling and they were awesome. Plugged it in and started the car, no problem. One issue though, my key fob still doesn't work. I'm pretty damn sure I just need to reprogram it since I have a new CCM but how do I do it? I know I've done it before but I seem to have misplaced my owner's manual. Also I don't have a working keyfob with the new CCM. Any one ever been in this situation before?

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
JokerPassat said:
Just got my CCM in from Specialized German Recycling and they were awesome. Plugged it in and started the car, no problem. One issue though, my key fob still doesn't work. I'm pretty damn sure I just need to reprogram it since I have a new CCM but how do I do it? I know I've done it before but I seem to have misplaced my owner's manual. Also I don't have a working keyfob with the new CCM. Any one ever been in this situation before?

Wish I'd have seen this post sooner. Spec. German is my local yard and I could have picked it up and overnighted it to you. Oh well, maybe next time!

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
621 Posts
So how did the water get there anyway? Is it something we all should be careful of (or is it a "user error" that you don't want to talk about)?

TGH

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
OakHillVariant
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing