23,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old and busted,

New hotness,

old and busted,

new hotness,

old and busted,

new hotness,

tinted windows (5%), tinted tails AND 3rd brake light courtesy of jonboy. Yes, that's epoxy on the trunk where the emblem goes and just below it. They're taking care of that when I get the lowers done....finally.

Close-up of the grill showing the newly blacked out support bars. They were Amber Fire before.

My Racing Hart C5000. 18x7.5" with 225/40/18 with Continental ContiSport Contact IIs. Now if only I could find some RH cap inserts to replace the VW cap inserts.

Mod list:
Kamei Sport grill
Koito CC corners and side markers
Jetta blue tinted mirrors
Aluminum antenna
Wings West 53" universal spoiler (it was on there when I got it :sad: )
Jonboy tinted tails and 3rd brake light in spoiler
NB sunglass holder
Full Net Optic interior to replace the OE wood
DD mod
Alpine IVA-C801 in-dash AM/FM/CD/6.5" fold out screen - for sale
Alpine DVA-5200 in-dash DVD player - for sale
Image Dynamics IDMAX12 v.3 D2
Eibach Pro-System
Eibach front sway bar
P&P Rear sway bar
Audi Jack pads
OE mud guards

Enjoy!

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
575 Posts
looks good!! one suggestion...NO MUDFLAPS and respray your antenna mast back to Black!!!! :shock:

Otherwise, I really like your color!

Darin

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Darin, the mudflaps are staying. I like 'em AND they keep the road crap off the paint. I'll deal with them scraping if it makes my life easier. I agree about the antenna though. It didn't pan out like I hoped it would. It's not painted, it's aluminum. My brother wants it though so I'll sell it to him and get something else.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I love the way it has turned out. isn't jonboys stuff awesome!!!

what wheels are those, they are HOTTT. :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Man Paul congrats on a terrific transformation.

I think the wheels you have on your car look great. If your mudflaps scrape just take them off the car and trim about 1" off of them. I like the look of mud flaps cause it makes the car look lower than it actually is.

Thanks again for sending me your tails to get tinted. Please email me high res pics so I can put them on my site.

Jon
www.jonstintedtails.com

·
Registered
224 Posts
Maybe a newb question...but when you send your Tails to you (Jonboy) or whoever, what do you do in the mean time without them? like can you still drive or what :shock:

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to everyone! It's defintely coming along. Now I REALLY need to get crackin' on the A/V setup.

Jon - How large of a file can your email take?

Scribble - I had mine done while my wife was deployed so I drove her car while Jon was doing my tails. He even did the brake light in the spoiler. :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
JonsTintedTails
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing