Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, now i had a really rough idle before..

I cleaned my throttle body... Huge Difference

Still not as smooth as I like

Change the spark plugs/vac hoses/DV and its even better...

I feel like it still doesn't sound right and not like it used to in the early life of my car...

But after all the maintenance i feel like something else is the problem... like a loose hose or something... does anyone else have any input on what it could be?

1.8t 02 passat

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
91octane if i can find it, otherwise 93 octane...

all different brands...

I used techron abour 5000 miles ago as well...

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Regular Oil Changes? Using Dino or Synth? Have you had your engine checked for possible "sludge" build up? Those can account to rough idle or noisy engine clatter (oil not circulating properly). ;)

My 1999 1.8t wagon (chipped at 5k) now has 179k original miles is idling quietly and smoothly (although some little clatter from start up that disappears- as normal) but once the engine has warmed up- she purrs "almost" as quiet as our 01.5 v6 gLx.
I was having some really bad clatter and whining until VW switched over to Synth and bigger oil filter (due to bad reports on sludge buildup). This was 2 years ago.. and my car is running fine!

e

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how's the maf and ltft?
Don't really know how to check those..

I checked block 32 for the fuel trim data... not really sure how to intepret the data but it looks normal. At idle is .2%, partial throttle is 3.1%. Ran this in nuetral revving the engine and logs says it statys constant...
Any other data i should get?

Well just got an oil change/new cv boot/new breather hose and the car is more rough then before... grrr.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts