Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it isn't a VW, but I'm nearly finished my other project. Soon I can get back to wrenching on the Passat. Really. But I went to the dyno yesterday:

and made 443 at the wheels (495 ft-lbs) at a little over 7 psi:

putting in a manual boost control today. The car is a hoot and even with a journal bearing t76 it is spooled at 2700. It should be fairly safe at 12 psi, and that should be enough for a stock block...

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
442HP? Not too shabby! :thumbup:
Thanks. I went with a FAST system and it is much easier to deal with than the factory computer, at least for boosted motors. The motor made a lot of torque -- nearly 500 at the wheels. It was in by 2700 and I have the limiter set at 5800, so that is a decent power band. It's a t-76 which is big and probably not the ideal one for what I'm doing. A T-67 would have been a better choice, but I used what I had.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Very Nice stang.. it would be funny seeing your two cars beside eachother in the driveway. is this one for the track or for the office?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very Nice stang.. it would be funny seeing your two cars beside eachother in the driveway. is this one for the track or for the office?
Yes.

I built it to do both, but it is more for an occasional jaunt and not for daily driving. I have been running it more because the Passat has had starter issues, but the roll cage is a pain on the street.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts