Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a evo front mounted intercooler and was thinking of getting the ntercooler from nitrous express. Anyone have one? How much does it cost to get a bottle filled? :crazy:

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I didn't want to drop the bomb this eary, but I got it installed this weekend, but you'll have to wait for my review if you want detailed answers :p

S - Prices have gone up these last few years, so your pricing schedule ESPECIALLY IN CA has gone up. My shop was one of the last hold-outs on the $3.50 per lb rate, until recently they jumped to an even 4.
4 bucks @ 10lbs = 40 bucks. :cry:

·
Registered
254 Posts
You can fill the NO bottle with CO2 instead. It will be MUCH cheaper and will give you the same cooling effect as NO. I'm considering it myself. I hope it doesn't only come in that tacky green FATF coloring.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I sell the kit with the white bottle and normal writing.
Its a great kit and perfect for our cars whom do not like NOS!

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
dublife said:
really? what kits have you seen on the 1.8t? wet or dry? Ive always heard that its a really bad idea to spray.
it is...many people found out the hard way....acctually there is another guy at Vortex that just blew up his motor too......BillyT was the first high power motor to go.

Our engines dont like NOS as much as they dont like aftermarket cams....

But YES you can make it work right. Rebuild the engine, forged pistons...etc etc...and thats big $$$. And even after that....1 little mistake from a driver and BOOM......

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
FYI- I gained 18 WHP and 30 ft/lbs of torque with the NX Ntercooler.

How much of that is getting sucked up through the IC fins, into the IC bottom pipe, up through the TB hose, up in the Throttle body, past the intake manifold, into the head?

Not much, if at all :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
Spanky McGee
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing