Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 6697 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am new to the site, I live in Nairobi, Kenya and owner of a 2001 passat b5.5, I am glad I came across this site as its made me understand my car more. Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just signed up. I'm on other forums, ranging from Edmunds to vStrom motorcycles to trawler boats to ARM processors. I don't currently have a Passat, though I'm checking out the 2012 TDI with 6-speed (wish they had a wagon).
I did have a '91 Passat wagon (loved it) before our '95 Eurovan GLS, 5-spd. (drove across Canada and to Mexico)
I did buy the first Beetle TDI sold in Western Canada (my son owns it now).
My wife drives a custom-ordered 2009 Jetta TDI/DSG Hi-line wagon with full-load minus Nav. (she wants a Tiguan TDI now, though friends inside VW say they're selling more than they can build in Europe, so they won't be coming this way soon).
I do drive a modified Audi A6 2.7t 6-speed Quattro twin-turbo with Eibach/Koni suspension. (its a blast, and our 3rd A6 Quattro)
And I bought the last VW truck sold in North America (a 1992 Transporter Double-cab, 5-speed 1-ton with no options except radio/cassette) which is parked in front of the house after hauling a load of stuff from my cabin last weekend. It spent most of its first year off-road (on building construction) and has been to Mexico and back, but never east. I'll never sell it. But I'd like to trade the Audi for a Passat or A4 wagon, 1.8t, standard, 4-motion ... which is not likely to happen given the dearth of those vehicles. But you never know.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I read your post and am just happy to find a vw passat real site. i will look for my answers thru your Google at the bottom search tool 1st and try not to bother the veterans...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just registered today. I own a 2001.5 (B5.5?) Passat sedan with a stick and the 1.8T. I have read your words on the need to use search. I have already been helped by the forum (even before I registered), since someone posted information on how to fix my turn signals by replacing the emergency blinker relay. Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the invite, Jay. It's nice to see a well managed and monitored forum. My car is a 2006 v6 4-motion sedan. It's a very nice and solid car. I bought it used. I have worked at a local dealer for sixteen years, now I'm free. I'm looking forward to using this site and making some new friends here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey, looks that nobody is viewing this thread, anyway welcome for the new members and i wish them a good time (sure) in this forum , i guess, i am going to be the older 51 years of this site but i still love this kind this cars (vw), i am real fan even now i have electrical problems with my 2000 passat...... Blinkers and emergency light

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

I'm new, not from US/UK so sorry for possible language mistakes. I've found here what I was looking for, but I have to ask about something, so here I am registred :)

21 - 40 of 6697 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.