Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Noobs - all must read the first post and make an entry in this thread V2

454K views 4K replies 3K participants last post by  JHAWK1997 
#1 ·
All-
This website has been here for 15 years. The B5 Passat has been around since 1997, the B5.5 since 2001, the B6 since 2006, the B7 since 2010, and the B8 was released in Europe in 2014.

For the older models (B6 and earlier), almost any possible issue you might have with your Passat has been discussed here on this website. Let me state that again - almost any possible issue you might have with your Passat has been discussed here on this website.

There has been a rash of newcomers here who aren't taking the time to look for previously documented information and expect to be spoon-fed from the veterans here on how to fix their cars. We, the veterans of this site, expect you newcomers to take the time to utilize the google search utility at the top and bottom of each and every page here. This search tool provides you, the new user, with the ability to search the entire database using google's search tools for key words and tricky phrases that are pertinent to your problem.

Please take the time to a) read and comprehend the valuable info I've written here; b) post in this thread that you have read what I've written here; and, c) use the google search tool - you'll get faster answers!

Thanks-
The moderators & Autoguide.com

See less See more
#2,917 · (Edited)
Been reading this forum for a couple of months now. I have a 2002 Passat GLX 4motion Wagon with the V6. Have already run into many "exciting" issues and the information that I've found here has been possibly the best I have found on the interwebs thus far. Super excited to have access to all the information everyone has posted!

#2,930 ·
I have read the rules...I am a rather diligent researcher when it comes to finding answers to my problems.

About me...I just purchased a 09 Passat that jumped timing. Picked her up for a whole $500 bucks. Car is in great shape, minus the engine. Could not turn it down.
My wife drives a 08 Beetle so I am not completely oblivious to VW's. I have driven many types and brands of cars, I was once a ASE Master Certified mechanic, I know my way anything that has nuts and bolts or I can at least figure it out.

Looking forward to taking on the challenge of this Passat.

Thanks for having me.

Larry

#2,931 ·
Fair rule of thumb!
I have been using this site for info and advice as long as I've had my 04; you could argue that this site was ultimately what made me pull the trigger to buy the Volkswagen over similar aged BMWs/ other sedans.
Finally joined mainly because of the marketplace... After 160,000 miles, the car's interior is starting to break and I figured landing random parts would be easier via the community.

Thanks for keeping the site going for so long!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.