Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 3677 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Moderators & Autoguide.com-

I have read what you've written here.
I'm glad to be a part of a community of dedicated fans, I hope to learn a lot about Passats thru this forum, and potentially even learn enough to contribute!
Thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum. I'm sure it's something you don't hear often enough, because I don't think the praise can be sung loud enough.

Again, thanks for including me in your forum.
I look forward to using your knowledge to keep my B6 running for years to come. c:

-Nic A-Z

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fire in the hole

I've had my 2002 GLX since new (purchased in November 2001) and have always had the required maintenance and all necessary repairs done by a licensed VW mechanic. However, recently something caused a fire under the engine just beneath the firewall on the passenger side. Luckily I was just entering my garage and was able to put the fire out with my garden hose. Unfortunately, the fire burnt some of the wiring and all of the plugs and the plastic part that supports them. I was lucky enough to be able to buy a complete wiring harness on e-bay for under a hundred bucks and all of the other parts that were burned (including the flow meter and all the tubing that leads air into the throttle system).

Because I assume that labor on this repair will be substantially more than what I can afford I plan to do it myself. What I plan to do is cut the wiring from the new harness and the old and splice them together, because otherwise I would have to pull out the dash board and disconnect all the old wiring to reconnect the new and I think this is too big of a DIY job.

I will sincerely appreciate any advice from the forum because I really want to keep my baby and not have to sell it to a junk yard. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Read, understood, and posted.

Am I ready to spam up all boards with my help threads now? Also when can I start dissing senior members for not helping me and constantly posting about how much knowledge I have?

1341 - 1360 of 3677 Posts