Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

3781 - 3800 of 3856 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok I'll try again. Post count says 1. My car dies randomly, and then will start and immediately die for a while, then after like 30 minutes or an hour, it starts right up and acts like nothing happened.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All-
This website has been here for 15 years. The B5 Passat has been around since 1997, the B5.5 since 2001, the B6 since 2006, the B7 since 2010, and the B8 was released in Europe in 2014.

For the older models (B6 and earlier), almost any possible issue you might have with your Passat has been discussed here on this website. Let me state that again - almost any possible issue you might have with your Passat has been discussed here on this website.

There has been a rash of newcomers here who aren't taking the time to look for previously documented information and expect to be spoon-fed from the veterans here on how to fix their cars. We, the veterans of this site, expect you newcomers to take the time to utilize the google search utility at the top and bottom of each and every page here. This search tool provides you, the new user, with the ability to search the entire database using google's search tools for key words and tricky phrases that are pertinent to your problem.

Please take the time to a) read and comprehend the valuable info I've written here; b) post in this thread that you have read what I've written here; and, c) use the google search tool - you'll get faster answers!

Thanks-
The moderators & Autoguide.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,

Long time VW guy here. My love affair began in the 90's with three A3 Golfs and GTI's (one VR6). After that i kind of went back in time and purchased an A2 16v GLI with quad round lights. I've also owned a G60 Corrado and one A4 VR6. Back then everything had the requisite K&N panel filter and a couple had Neuspeed or AutoTech "chips" Lol. After that, i moved away from VW as i always had an infatuation with rally cars too. So..... i had a stint with a WRX (bug-eyed) and an EVO VIII. Got married and bought some pretty bland vehicles then had a child and then the SUV bug bit. Well, approaching my 50th birthday this year, i wanted to go back to my first love. Hence the 2019 PASSAT Wolfsburg. Since the first day i drove it......so glad to be back. Thanks for having this site.

I hope everyone is safe and healthy during these times,

W

·
Registered
14 Posts
New to the site and thanks for letting me join
Bought a passat 19tdi estate 5 years ago and now enjoy doing the odd repair keeping it on the road.
With now over 200k on the clock parts are getting a bit tired but engine is sweet with no smoke.
Changing serpentine belt and tensioner today then a good clean n polish.
Hope all are well with today's climate
Keep safe
Dan

·
Registered
Passat B6 2.0tdi 140Bhp bkp
6 Posts
All-
This website has been here for 15 years. The B5 Passat has been around since 1997, the B5.5 since 2001, the B6 since 2006, the B7 since 2010, and the B8 was released in Europe in 2014.

For the older models (B6 and earlier), almost any possible issue you might have with your Passat has been discussed here on this website. Let me state that again - almost any possible issue you might have with your Passat has been discussed here on this website.

There has been a rash of newcomers here who aren't taking the time to look for previously documented information and expect to be spoon-fed from the veterans here on how to fix their cars. We, the veterans of this site, expect you newcomers to take the time to utilize the google search utility at the top and bottom of each and every page here. This search tool provides you, the new user, with the ability to search the entire database using google's search tools for key words and tricky phrases that are pertinent to your problem.

Please take the time to a) read and comprehend the valuable info I've written here; b) post in this thread that you have read what I've written here; and, c) use the google search tool - you'll get faster answers!

Thanks-
Hey all I've read the above and understand

·
Registered
Passat B6 2.0tdi 140Bhp bkp
6 Posts
Thank you and it's only fair that I did.
Think I've bitten off more than I can chew on this job I'm stuck on though.
Posted in appropriate forum

·
Registered
4 Posts
New guy here, read everything and completely agree. I have a habit of commenting "google" on other forums I'm on for things that have been asked 100s of times over the years.

Google for me to figure out how to get the door apart to change the window I broke on the b6 I just got is what lead me here. Amazing write up by that member, I would have broke something and I've been an automotive tech for 20+yrs. My first European car.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Totally understand! I've read and fully comprehend the above stated. I owned a 99 passat before. Now have 14 passat tsi. Ready to learn about this new one

·
Registered
6 Posts
All-

Thanks-

3781 - 3800 of 3856 Posts