Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

3681 - 3700 of 3704 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
All-
This website has been here for 15 years. The B5 Passat has been around since 1997, the B5.5 since 2001, the B6 since 2006, the B7 since 2010, and the B8 was released in Europe in 2014.

For the older models (B6 and earlier), almost any possible issue you might have with your Passat has been discussed here on this website. Let me state that again - almost any possible issue you might have with your Passat has been discussed here on this website.

There has been a rash of newcomers here who aren't taking the time to look for previously documented information and expect to be spoon-fed from the veterans here on how to fix their cars. We, the veterans of this site, expect you newcomers to take the time to utilize the google search utility at the top and bottom of each and every page here. This search tool provides you, the new user, with the ability to search the entire database using google's search tools for key words and tricky phrases that are pertinent to your problem.

Please take the time to a) read and comprehend the valuable info I've written here; b) post in this thread that you have read what I've written here; and, c) use the google search tool - you'll get faster answers!

Thanks-
The moderators & Autoguide.com

·
Registered
6 Posts
All-
This website has been here for 15 years. The B5 Passat has been around since 1997, the B5.5 since 2001, the B6 since 2006, the B7 since 2010, and the B8 was released in Europe in 2014.

For the older models (B6 and earlier), almost any possible issue you might have with your Passat has been discussed here on this website. Let me state that again - almost any possible issue you might have with your Passat has been discussed here on this website.

There has been a rash of newcomers here who aren't taking the time to look for previously documented information and expect to be spoon-fed from the veterans here on how to fix their cars. We, the veterans of this site, expect you newcomers to take the time to utilize the google search utility at the top and bottom of each and every page here. This search tool provides you, the new user, with the ability to search the entire database using google's search tools for key words and tricky phrases that are pertinent to your problem.

Please take the time to a) read and comprehend the valuable info I've written here; b) post in this thread that you have read what I've written here; and, c) use the google search tool - you'll get faster answers!

Thanks-
Thanks for the guidelines. They are really helpful!

·
Registered
30 Posts
All-

Thanks-

·
Registered
30 Posts
Happy to join the discussions and learn. I had a 1988 Volkswagen Fox. Last month I just bought a 2017 Passat 1.8 and yesterday I bought a 2001 Passat Wagon 1.8 with 110,000 miles! I going Passat crazy

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
The B5 and B5.5s Wagons are really loved on this forum 1.8s need a lot of attention as to vacuum leaks and oil sludge issues, but both issues are easy to rectify and depending on your location 5w40 or 0w40 full synthetic and a "big kahuna" purolator L40316 filter usually puts all the oil issues to"to bed" permanently

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve searched this forum for about a decade looking for solutions to problems that I’ve encountered with my 2003 Passat W8. I finally decided to join so I can post what I’ve learned over the years on my GIAC tuned W8.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All-

Thanks-
Hi- I read the deal-Master tech for 25 yrs ,been a journey tech for 30 something yrs - know everything (kinda ?)- kidding about being a tech,I meant knowing anything(everything)- BS aside, saw a couple of posts and wanted to help-thanx

·
Registered
14 Posts
just let me post ;)
All-

Thanks-
just let me post ;)
Think im posting right?

3681 - 3700 of 3704 Posts