Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

3661 - 3680 of 3704 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
So yup, I am Jen.

Today I just started reading stuff on the internet about my w8 passat cause it is not as easy as my last car to work on (which I was able to do things like change the timing belt cause that engine was basic as hell)..

So far I only worked out by myself how to change the air filter and a brake bulb - I love this crazy tech car I now have and will hopefully rise to the challenge of maintaining this beautiful beast.

Funny anecdote - at first when I popped the hood to inspect the engine of my new cool car I did not even realize that, what I thought was some weird white sort of sparkly dust cover type thing on top of my engine, was in actual fact the INLET MANIFOLD ba hahah ha. Lucky I dont really feel shame aye!

Now I wanna check my coil packs and my injectors cause it was running rough (after I sprayed it with water by mistake while the engine was running and the hood was up - DUMB). It is running way better now since i cleaned all around in there and wiggled and pushed on all the vacuum hose things and wire type bits and wire plastic connecting bits. Thank goodness cause I was so farken worried.

But now it is sweet as. Maybe a bad connection mixed with that bit of water is all that it was. Cause now engine runs smooth again with usual power (while engine is cold and warmed up - it was when the engine was warmed up, then turned off, then restarted while still warm, that I first felt that horrible misfire shudder and lack of power).

But even though crisis seems to be avoided I have decided that I still wanna delve further so I can be sure it's running as good as it can and to sort future issues.

BTW - I have a heavy foot and a thing for acceleration (its like a drug) and petrol is expensive so maximum power with efficiency is my aim.

Anyhoo - I will keep reading all your guys wisdom and learning!

Cheers
Jenimal

·
Registered
2 Posts
All-
This website has been here for 15 years. The B5 Passat has been around since 1997, the B5.5 since 2001, the B6 since 2006, the B7 since 2010, and the B8 was released in Europe in 2014.

For the older models (B6 and earlier), almost any possible issue you might have with your Passat has been discussed here on this website. Let me state that again - almost any possible issue you might have with your Passat has been discussed here on this website.

There has been a rash of newcomers here who aren't taking the time to look for previously documented information and expect to be spoon-fed from the veterans here on how to fix their cars. We, the veterans of this site, expect you newcomers to take the time to utilize the google search utility at the top and bottom of each and every page here. This search tool provides you, the new user, with the ability to search the entire database using google's search tools for key words and tricky phrases that are pertinent to your problem.

Please take the time to a) read and comprehend the valuable info I've written here; b) post in this thread that you have read what I've written here; and, c) use the google search tool - you'll get faster answers!

Thanks-
The moderators & Autoguide.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
All-
This website has been here for 15 years. The B5 Passat has been around since 1997, the B5.5 since 2001, the B6 since 2006, the B7 since 2010, and the B8 was released in Europe in 2014.

For the older models (B6 and earlier), almost any possible issue you might have with your Passat has been discussed here on this website. Let me state that again - almost any possible issue you might have with your Passat has been discussed here on this website.

There has been a rash of newcomers here who aren't taking the time to look for previously documented information and expect to be spoon-fed from the veterans here on how to fix their cars. We, the veterans of this site, expect you newcomers to take the time to utilize the google search utility at the top and bottom of each and every page here. This search tool provides you, the new user, with the ability to search the entire database using google's search tools for key words and tricky phrases that are pertinent to your problem.

Please take the time to a) read and comprehend the valuable info I've written here; b) post in this thread that you have read what I've written here; and, c) use the google search tool - you'll get faster answers!

Thanks-

·
Registered
2 Posts
All-

Thanks-

·
Registered
3 Posts
All-

Thanks-
All-

Thanks-
All-

Thanks-
Understood, use the tool.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Post 2. Only ? haven't found answer for...Is the "cam chain tensioner" and associated gasket discussed in many threads what's shown as the "camshaft adjuster" in my Bentley manual (drawing N15-0114)?

·
Registered
7 Posts
All-

Thanks-

3661 - 3680 of 3704 Posts