Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

3641 - 3660 of 3674 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
All-
This website has been here for 15 years. The B5 Passat has been around since 1997, the B5.5 since 2001, the B6 since 2006, the B7 since 2010, and the B8 was released in Europe in 2014.

For the older models (B6 and earlier), almost any possible issue you might have with your Passat has been discussed here on this website. Let me state that again - almost any possible issue you might have with your Passat has been discussed here on this website.

There has been a rash of newcomers here who aren't taking the time to look for previously documented information and expect to be spoon-fed from the veterans here on how to fix their cars. We, the veterans of this site, expect you newcomers to take the time to utilize the google search utility at the top and bottom of each and every page here. This search tool provides you, the new user, with the ability to search the entire database using google's search tools for key words and tricky phrases that are pertinent to your problem.

Please take the time to a) read and comprehend the valuable info I've written here; b) post in this thread that you have read what I've written here; and, c) use the google search tool - you'll get faster answers!

Thanks-
The moderators & Autoguide.com
Google Search and Chat session for vendors....greatest things since sliced bread.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hope to find and get some great info from this forum. I was ecstatic to see that this is tailored specifically to Passats. My first daily-project; I don't plan on doing much with the engine, aside from upkeep and maintenance. As my handle describes, I'm from the PNW, so I'm going to be digging through these threads for alot of all-terrain/off-road/all-weather mods for my car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have read and understand all the valuble information you posted at the beginning of this thread. I have also used the handy search bar. Thank you all for all the help. Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
All-
This website has been here for 15 years. The B5 Passat has been around since 1997, the B5.5 since 2001, the B6 since 2006, the B7 since 2010, and the B8 was released in Europe in 2014.

For the older models (B6 and earlier), almost any possible issue you might have with your Passat has been discussed here on this website. Let me state that again - almost any possible issue you might have with your Passat has been discussed here on this website.

There has been a rash of newcomers here who aren't taking the time to look for previously documented information and expect to be spoon-fed from the veterans here on how to fix their cars. We, the veterans of this site, expect you newcomers to take the time to utilize the google search utility at the top and bottom of each and every page here. This search tool provides you, the new user, with the ability to search the entire database using google's search tools for key words and tricky phrases that are pertinent to your problem.

Please take the time to a) read and comprehend the valuable info I've written here; b) post in this thread that you have read what I've written here; and, c) use the google search tool - you'll get faster answers!

Thanks-
Want to get owner information

·
Registered
2 Posts
All-

Thanks-
new member post . I have read and understand procedures

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Old gear head here .....I have own and did my own repairs on several 70's model Dashers and bought new, a 1989 Fox 2 door wagon that was still running good when I sold it with over 260K. I am retired but still turn wrenches on my kids and other relatives cars. One of my son's bought a Black 2007 2.0T Passat Wagon last week nice looking car with 160K. So my first adventure with it was scanning for the code for the check engine lite and replacing the MAP Sensor. I am not familiar with this engine and car so will be checking in often I imagine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm back, this is my 2nd post and first question. As I stated in my first post that my son bought a 2007 Passat and I will no doubt be the one working on it. What I am puzzled about is the that I cannot find a repair manual such as Haynes or Chilton for this year Passat. I did find one for Diesel powered Passats but not Gas. Do they even make them anymore? Im talking about a physical book I can grab off the shelf in the shop when needed and eventually end up with greasy fingerprints all over it. Anyone know?

·
Registered
4 Posts
All-

Thanks-
Thank you very much for the shortcuts to any issues I might have with my 03 sedan. I can't tell you how many hours I have wasted sifting through and going back over what Google search by itself presents me with.
I am being told to post 2 treads once I have created and registered my account. Is that information correct?

- thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
All-

Thanks-

3641 - 3660 of 3674 Posts