Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

2401 - 2420 of 3659 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Honestly I'm just here to ask Passat owners their experience with the cars because I'd be looking at buying my first one. I've had Toyotas for 10 years and am used to their legendary reliability. I love the Passat's looks and features, but am wondering how much I'd regret buying one with the intent on keeping it for 10+ years. Are they reliable or not? The 2014 1.8T SE model to be exact.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've been finding amazing useful information on my B5 Passat as a lurker because Google finds posts here even in regular Google Search.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Awesome

All-
This website has been here for 15 years. The B5 Passat has been around since 1997, the B5.5 since 2001, the B6 since 2006, the B7 since 2010, and the B8 was released in Europe in 2014.

For the older models (B6 and earlier), almost any possible issue you might have with your Passat has been discussed here on this website. Let me state that again - almost any possible issue you might have with your Passat has been discussed here on this website.

There has been a rash of newcomers here who aren't taking the time to look for previously documented information and expect to be spoon-fed from the veterans here on how to fix their cars. We, the veterans of this site, expect you newcomers to take the time to utilize the google search utility at the top and bottom of each and every page here. This search tool provides you, the new user, with the ability to search the entire database using google's search tools for key words and tricky phrases that are pertinent to your problem.

Please take the time to a) read and comprehend the valuable info I've written here; b) post in this thread that you have read what I've written here; and, c) use the google search tool - you'll get faster answers!

Thanks-
The moderators & Autoguide.com
. Have read and understand

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK, read and understood..... now, where's the tee shirt !

Best regards
Mike

My garages
MY16 VW B8 Passat BiTdi GT 4Motion, Blue, Pro-Nav, LED's, Adapt. Cruise, Keyless, Privacy Glass, Fully Optioned (in UK)
MY15 Kawasaki Versys 1000 GT-Spec, Burnt Orange (in UK)

MY14 Audi SQ5, Daytona Grey, MMI, B&O, Factory Towbar, Privacy Glass, Zenons, Kufatec Sound, Racechip Pro2
MY08 VW Golf tdiGT 170, White, Fully optioned
Lotus 7, Red, 4AGE, L/Slip, 5-Speed, No2, HKS Mods

Other M'Bikes and other toys
Licensed VCDS (Vagcom)

2401 - 2420 of 3659 Posts
About this Discussion
3.7K Replies
2.9K Participants
Deepellum3
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing