Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
2,341 - 2,360 of 3,958 Posts
Jeff here in eastern Washington state. Just picked up a 2002 Passat sedan for my step daughter, as she's approaching driving age. It needs a lot of work, but my previous experience with my old 1998 Audi A6 2.8 should make things pretty familiar.

And to continue for my second post in the noob section, I'll let you know that I've owned and turned wrenches on so many cars over the years I lost track. My first car was a '74 VW standard bug. I've also owned a Jeep, Isuzu Amigo, Isuzu Rodeo, Firebird, Triumph Spitfire, Fiat Spyder 2000, Pontiac Catalina 400, various Buicks and fords Fords, Mercedes, BMW, Audi. Currently in and around my garage we've got two Nissans (Armada and Xterra), my oldest daughter's (once mine) Mercedes 300E, my step daughter's 2002 Passat GLX sedan, and my motorcycle.

I'm sure I will probably have questions, as I've got to perform a timing belt job, and all the other maintenance that's been neglected or assumed to be neglected on this car, which is quite a lot.

2,341 - 2,360 of 3,958 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.