Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

2181 - 2200 of 3703 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brand new this hour. I have searched this site for a posted answer to a burning question I have. I have not found that answer. Although, I'm sure it's here somewhere. Help!
2001 Passat 4motion - I was told by dealer that I can not use chains or put snow tires on this car. Is this true?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks guys for creating this site and for your management of it. So far I've been able to figure out all kinds of things. Including the fact that I needed a new engine, because the 2.0T FSI is a junk engine, in the 2007. I just put a new one in, and looks like I need another one due to low oil pressure. Lucky it's under warranty. FYI, this was the 3rd engine put into this car. I would ordinarily say that the 07 may have had some lemons, but it would seem that the entire engine is junk. What I've learned thus far: The cam shafts wear - I had to put a new cam in the engine I just put in. It was the second, at least, at 129K miles. The oil "Bracket" or valve inside the cam area, under the cam cover has a bearing that goes bad and F's all kinds of things up. The turbos go bad. And from what I can tell in talking to mechanics and on this site and others, it's not because of bad oil or gas. It's all faulty design/engineering. I welcome anyone that would like to dispute these findings, or has knowledge otherwise to email me: mollask+PassatWorld at gmail.com

FYI, this is my 5 VW since 1989. I probably won't buy another until I can afford a 2013 or better. The 2.0 engine from 2005 to 2013 is junk, junk I tell you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thinking most people don't read this thread to much, so will do some searching and post a question if I cant find it (google did not help but not sure if this site is fully indexed, never understood that stuff).

2181 - 2200 of 3703 Posts