Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
Glad to join the site.

I am looking for help with my 2004 1.8t Passat, automatic, 4D sedan. I bought the car in November and have had my coolant light come on 3 times since purchasing the car. I have been periodically topping it (about every 2 weeks) with a 50/50 blend of G12 (from dealership) and distilled water. I have had my oil changed with 5W40 on schedule. For the last two weeks I have noticed about a golf ball to baseball sized about of fluid on the ground (passenger side) after running the car about 20 miles a day. I do have the ASC Deluxe warranty and have found mechanics willing to work with the warranty, but tend to panic when looking at the undercarriage of a VW. I have my fourth appointment scheduled with another local mechanic tomorrow and a back up appointment with the VW dealership next week (car was not purchased from the VW dealership but a private used car lot), although the dealership wants top dollar for labor, so I don't know how that will go. I am not the most experienced with mechanics, am extremely nervous in general, and am panicking something terrible is store for my future with the car. Could anyone provide any insight in what may be going on, general care, and is the car safe to drive for the time being if I watch the fluids? Thanks so much.

·
Super Moderator
13,803 Posts
Have them check the coolant hoses where they connect, they may be seeping. Since the car is marking it's territory now it should be easy to track where its coming from.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.