Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99 passat v6 manual
138,654 miles
Totally stock...anyone have this same vehicle ? Thoughts ? Comments ?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a 2003 V6 wagon. Essentially the same car /engine with some minor differences. Had it since new. What do you want to know?

If you just bought it, make sure the timing belt has been changed. If you are on the original, it’s on borrowed time. Otherwise things to look out for are leaking CCT gaskets, leaking cam plugs, leaking valve cover gaskets. Also check the PCV system- they tend to clog up with poor maintenance and/or using Dino oil. There are other issues you may have (upper control arms, rear brakes) but too long to list here. But nothing to worry about if these problems haven’t come up. My Passat V6 has been a great car and still runs well (and looks great) with 190k miles. Key is regular oil changes with synthetic oil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey jhyde..thanks for the reply...I've had the car a little over a year and have replaced one control arm and both cv axles..fortunately no obvious leaks but I am gradually losing oil from somewhere...I know its not evaporating so i have a mystery..😕 have a faulty ABS module that besides the obvious warning lights also incapacitated my tachometer and lit up my oil pressure warning lamp...strange...engine runs strong and no other real problems...timing belt is next on my list...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts