Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on getting the Nokia Car Kit for my 6310I cell. Anyone have this and what are your opinions? Pros and cons. Or just pertinent info on a car kit would be helpful too.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
same car kit used for my 6360, easy install let me know what info you need.

Pete

·
Registered
726 Posts
ALFRED said:
I am planning on getting the Nokia Car Kit for my 6310I cell. Anyone have this and what are your opinions? Pros and cons. Or just pertinent info on a car kit would be helpful too.
Here ya go Alfred!!!

Buy this from me!!!

It plays MP3s, CDRs, CDs and is XM compatible. Oh, you can dial and hangup with callers from the headunit.

And you will need this, you can buy mine as well!!!

This will connect to the headunit, charge, etc.

Being that you have a Nokia 6310i, this is the perfect setup.
This kit will only work with your phone.
You can dial, view contacts, hangup callers, listen to messages and calls through your stereo system, and talk through a mic. (I would put that in the vent location in the overhead dome light area.)

If you want, I can give you a demo, while installing some new DPEs :wink:

BTW: I used to be a AT&T Authorized Installer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Or why not try what ive just installed in my Baby ,the Motorola bluetooth car kit ,i had installed at the weekend and all u see is the little micro phone were the over head cabin light is ,I have a small control panel located beside my steering wheel (which im gona move to the arm rest console on the drivers door ,the system use's voice recognition so you push a button on the control panel and say the name you want to ring and voila,you can only store 10 voice tags on the 6310i but the car kit allows 100 voice tags to be stored on it ,it will also let you use up to 3 phones on the same car kit handy if ya have g-friend/wife that use's the car all they need is bluetooth on there phone.
I went with this system because i didn't want to see any cables or didn't want a cradle for my phone blocking the glove comp. or hitting off the passengers leg.

I'll post some pics if ya want ? 8)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
ALFRED said:
I have the car kit for the 51/61 series. Works just fine. If you have a double DIN radio, you can hook up the mute and speaker through the radio. Doesn't work sith single DIN radios.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This may be the same radio listed above by dub-nation, but the Alpine CDA-9827 head unit lists a "MobileHub" feature designed especially for the 6310 phone.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Lucky Charm,

Glad to hear some positive feedback on the Motorola Bluetooth. I plan on installing this in a few months and was wondering if anyone here had it. I think I'm going to install my control module on the front of the tiptronic in front of the emergency brake. I currently have a Motorola 270C which is bluetooth compatible with the bluetooth module attached. I was going to upgrade my phone, but nothing else out there for my carrier (Verizon) has bluetooth. It's a little bulky, but a great phone. Hopefully the V600 will get picked up by Verizon and I can upgrade to that soon.

Mike

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have the Nokia Bluetooth kit for my 6310i and it's brilliant.

I mounted the control button over the 6th switch blank position, and the microphone is next to the centre light fitting at the front.

No problems at all with it - integrates perfectly with the VW stereo system...all professionaly installed though so I don't know all the details - but only took them 15 minutes so it couldn't have been too difficult.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
w8cmp
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing