Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Yokohamas EVS 100 my tires are really noisy , especially at low speed and turning
Are you guys having the same problem with this or another tire?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Same here i thought it was just mine or i was doing something improper with the rotation. But i imagine its the tires....

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I had yokos too and they were sooooo noisy. So loud I wanted to get new tires so bad. I finally got a set of toyo proxes fz4. What a diff! I love em, quiet and grips well. toyos are way cool!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Both Kumho 712's and Yoko ES100's

Tire size: 215/45/17

I've had both Kumho and Yoko's before... and they're both noisy after 20k miles.

I've got the Kumho 711's now.. and at 25k... they're getting noisy too... but not as noisy as the previous tires. I guess it's the tread design. Alignment is ok.. except for a bit of Neg. rear camber (tire gets worn faster on the inside).

I'm running H&R Sport Springs and Bilstein Sport dampers.

By the way ... What kind of mileage are people getting out of these tires??? I got an average of 30K miles on both before replacement (inner treadwear indicator matches tread surface).

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had some ES100's and suffered like some of you folks. Finally bit the bullet and bought some Good Year Tripletreds even thought my ES100's still have some life left. It's only been a week but the Tripletreds are SO MUCH quieter! Suddenly the wind and engine noise are much more prominent since the road noise is nonexistent now.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have heard people complain about noise on those tires, but I have ridden in a friend's A4 with that tire in 225/45/17 and they didn't sound very loud at all... I know he likes those tires because he is on his 3rd set of them! I know my S0-3's weren't too loud till the last third to quarter of their life, then they got pretty loud.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
10 Participants
Noob_Shum
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing