Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a pair of noise cancellation headphones and they are pretty neat

i was wondering if any one ever has or thougth about applying the same concept to the car stero

you would probably need 2-4 tiny mic's and then and out put for the stero but i mean even though its a bigger area it should work right?

·
Registered
151 Posts
i dunno about that, see at the ears all the noise is going to a point. In fact all the "antinoise" is also coming from a point. this just isnt the same with the exterior of a car. creating points of noise outside of the car would just mean more noise for the most part i think.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My parents drive a Lexus LS 430 (I know, it's not a B5) with the Mark Levinson stereo. It has a noise cancellation feature that works extremely well. I think it employees technology similar to the 'phones you bought but is calibrated to cancel out a more variable level of external sounds (i.e. not just the constant drone of planes, trains, etc.). It's a pretty expensive OEM set-up, thought, so I don't know how practical it would be for a mod. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
151 Posts
perhaps, if the noise cancelation occured within the vehicle. I thought a lot of n/c headphones prjected antinoise outward though, I guess it would work inward too.

always worth a try if you got the resources, hell you could come up with some nice aftermarket kit and make $$$

1 - 4 of 4 Posts