Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

No Start - Reversed Jumpstart and no fuel?

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  sipes216 
#1 ·
My car refused to start when the cold weather hit. Now its been about a week and even in warmer weather and the garage ive got nothing. Battery has been fully charged, and i took accessories off to avoid any additional chances of a drain. It doesnt seem to be power related, as the car turns over and just never catches.
What I did notice was that the fuel pump makes no noise when the key is turned to the on position as it usually does. What should i check to troubleshoot this?
Also, the person that jumped it reversed the jumper cables. Where should i check for electronic damage? The CEL still comes on with the key turned to the on position, so I assume that means the computer is still functioning.

#4 ·
Open the driver door and pull that black side panel off. You'll see a small notch on the end of it where you would pry. There's the fuse panel.

#9 ·
if you want to check for spark, go buy yourself an ignition spark tester tool. it's a little spark plug looking thing that clips to metal on the engine that you plug into the spark plug socket/wire.
good tool to have, NEVER check for spark with the plug removed!!! TERRIBLE idea!

#15 ·
well changed the ignition coil, plug wires, plugs, valve cover gaskets there was a bunch of oil in the plugs on the drivers side and a little bit on the passenger so changed both gaskets, and breather hose, and now she is starting and running fine. Of course now drivers side DRL is out and the passenger side high driving light is out, so will need to change those out:banghead:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.