Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason, when I locked the car yesterday via remote, the pathetic little alarm horn didn't homk. This has happened to me only once before, and I have the strange feeling it's somehow related to my aftermarket radio. reason I think so is that the only other time it happened was when I had partially disconnected the OEM radio. But my current HU works fine and this is the first time it's happened. What's the deal? Doors lock fine, just no "puhhht."

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
My guess is that before this happened you had opened the lock of your trunk from inside of the car or using the remote. Just do a ./trunk open | ./trunk close to get the pathetic little alarm horn honk again or just wait for a while and the trunk will lock itself automatically and the alarm gets armed. At least that's what my '03 does.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's been over a day, locked, and I just went to get something from the car, opened driver's door (one click), got it, locked it and still no honk. before this, yesterday, i opened all doors and opened/closed hard the trunk (it's a wagon, so lid). no pathetic little honk. i miss my pathetic little honk ;)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm.. The last thing I remember before it stopped working was that I was IN the car and hit the "lock all doors" on the remote, then tried to start the car. Alarm went off, I hit "open" once on remote to stop it. But I don't remember if it stopped working right after that, although it seems that way.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rich P said:
Or the hood. This happened to me once and I found out the hood was popped open. Don't know how that happened.
Right on the money! I opened and closed the hood (which looked closed before), and now the pathetic little honk is back. It's good cuz it's an audible confirmation that the car locked itself - you don't have to visually check the doorlocks.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The hood - check if it's closed properly. That's what happened to me too many times e.g. when I wash my car, etc

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,716 Posts
I got that problem when I just pulled out the factory radio just slightly. Clicked it back in, and viola! that weak little honk. I wonder it if will do that when I fully remove it to install my aftermarket radio......hrmm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts