Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think this has been brought up a while back......

BUT, thought i'd re-hash it again. I was driving home from work today, and saw TWO nicely, subtle-y (is that a word?) modded B5.5s- one sedan and one variant. Cruised by both to give a thumbs up, and neither even gave eye contact!
:suspicio:

Now i rarely see modded B5s out here, so i thought that any brothers out here would show a little love, but not so.

Anyone experience this in their neck of the woods?
(i'm in west LA, btw)

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I got my first smile and head nod from a b5.5 variant a couple of weeks ago.... it was cool! but maybe it's cuz I'm a 21 year old girl in a passat and he was let's just say....an older man. but it was still cool :)

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
baisee00 said:
I got my first smile and head nod from a b5.5 variant a couple of weeks ago.... it was cool! but maybe it's cuz I'm a 21 year old girl in a passat and he was let's just say....an older man. but it was still cool :)
that's too funny..... apparently dudes in their 30's don't get a 2nd glance!
:p

·
Registered
712 Posts
selurffoeg said:
baisee00 said:
that's too funny..... apparently dudes in their 30's don't get a 2nd glance!
:p
2nd glance?!? You lucky to get the 1st! Apparentely dudes in their 20s usually get cut off! :lol:

·
Banned
131 Posts
selurffoeg said:
i think this has been brought up a while back......

BUT, thought i'd re-hash it again. I was driving home from work today, and saw TWO nicely, subtle-y (is that a word?) modded B5.5s- one sedan and one variant. Cruised by both to give a thumbs up, and neither even gave eye contact!
:suspicio:

Now i rarely see modded B5s out here, so i thought that any brothers out here would show a little love, but not so.

Anyone experience this in their neck of the woods?
(i'm in west LA, btw)
Ahaha it's not like their Vette's or Vipers.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
well i had an older guy in a black B5.5 V6 stop at my house when he saw me pulling my B5 out of the garage for the first time with my rims on, he was totaly impressed with my car and asked a bunch of question about what could be done to his car and if i would be willing to help him figure out what mods he wants to do.
i was still in shock when the guy left caus he was like 55 and i'm 20 and he was as primed about his car as i am with mine :thumbup: i told him about clubb5 and i hope he joins. Hes suppose to call me next weekend to discuss rims and suspension for his car.
usualy other b5's around here are not modded(i am the only one in town right now) and they just looked atr mine as nothing special as i have not had it on the road since the rims and stuff.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yeah, its tough sometimes. I remember with my oval window bug, all the aircooled guys ALWAYS gave eachother a wave, or thumbs up, or flash the lights, etc.
Just not the same with watercooled dubs, most people just want to race you.
I was on a long drive home and stopped at a gas station where there was I'd say, five to eight dubs gathered together, GTI's Jettas, etc...But no B5's / 5.5's .some with just a drop, some with full on mods, as I drove by, to fill up my tank, one of them honked at me like I was in his way ! I felt like getting out of the car and pulling him out of his window !!! :evil:

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
^^They didn't invite you to a GTG behind the dairy barn, did they? :D

Anybody have a link to that commercial? They took it off the VW site.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts