Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...after 12 years our 2000 Blue Passat is now at the junk yard. 2 weeks ago my wife was rearended in Renton by a motorcyclist which caused $6000 in damage. We also found out that it is not required for motorcyclists to have insurance in the state of Washington. The guy just got his bike a few weeks ago and he is OK...and luckily our insurance took care of us and we have another car but I realized as these cars get older they are more likely getting junked out. We did get $6400 for the car which had 124000 miles on it. I was surprised that we got that for the car. Anyways...that's my rant for the day.

·
Moderate Moderator
16,486 Posts
It's good no one was hurt. Sorry to hear about the loss of your car. ALL cars lose value as they age and accumulate miles. When repair cost approaches the car value, they usually "total" the car.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The real big kicker about the whole thing is the car ran perfect. Just did a timing belt job on it a few months ago, didn't burn oil, had no sludge problem and it was all paid for. Thanks though.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
wow just saw that but i have not been to steady on PassatWorld in thew last few years. Sorry to hear that Dave, hope all is well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts