Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
wsota said:
When I put on my headlights everything lights up accept the AC/Heating controls. What's the solution?
Bulb #37 from Napa auto parts. Costs about $1.04 each, and they come in a blister pack of two. Remove the fan control knob with a pair of pliers. Put electrical tape on the pliers teeth so you don't ding up the knob. SUPPOSEDLY you can remove the bulb with a length of fuel line hose but I didn't have any of that. I pulled out the other two knobs and the trim so I could pull out the bulb easily. Should take you ~5 minutes.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I went to NAPA today and bought the bulb #37. I doesnt fit my 99 B5. I went back and gave then the burnt out bulb, and they came back with the right bulb. It cost me $2.04 (incl. tax). So, make your life easier, just take the bulb out and have the guys there match it.
--Brian

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well, it didn't work at all for me, but NAPA does stock the exact same bulb as stock, same size and fit, for not much more on the price.
--Brian

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had to replace my bulb yesterday. I just bought it at the dealer. It cost me $1.32 + tax. BTW, my oem bulb fit tight as hell and I ended up breaking the bulb when removing it.

·
Registered
801 Posts
sbwagon said:
I had to replace my bulb yesterday. I just bought it at the dealer. It cost me $1.32 + tax. BTW, my oem bulb fit tight as hell and I ended up breaking the bulb when removing it.
Lemmie guess, you weren't using the fuel line hose were you... ;)

·
Registered
472 Posts
WalMart. GE part number 38 (?) did the trick. You can get it out by wrapping some decent electrical tape on the tips of needle nose pliers and pulling it straight out. Total cost of this mod: $1.48.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts