Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

is it just my passat or do all passat b5s not have a light in the boot. this is really getting on my nerves now.

Paul

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
DaddyO said:
My light was out in mine. Turn sout that I had a faulty microswitch. $13 dollars and a few minute later my problem was solved. :thumbup:
One way to figure if its the microswitch is by looking at your dash when the truck is open. If yes then you probably need a bulb but if not then this is the problem.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Flippped said:
DaddyO said:
My light was out in mine. Turn sout that I had a faulty microswitch. $13 dollars and a few minute later my problem was solved. :thumbup:
One way to figure if its the microswitch is by looking at your dash when the truck is open. If yes then you probably need a bulb but if not then this is the problem.
Mine is out. Must be the switch. Where is it located? Is it on the latch mechanism on the trunk lid itself?

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
vwztips said:
Flippped said:
DaddyO said:
Mine is out. Must be the switch. Where is it located? Is it on the latch mechanism on the trunk lid itself?
Yes and here's a link with pictures in order to help locate. :wink:
How to remove the Microswitch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts